User User name Password  

Monday 10.6.2024 / 11:10
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > nintendo gamecube - general discussion > tutorial: how to play backups w/o mod chip, only max drive pro memcard
Show topics

Forums
Forums
TUTORIAL: How to play backups w/o mod chip, only Max Drive Pro Memcard
  Jump to:

Posted Message
aakash294
_
11. July 2007 @ 16:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hi. i have a maxdrive memory card and i didnt even relize. The Only thing is the ITS NOT PRO. Is there any other way to do it not using Pro? please help me out i've grown tired of the same old games i hav and im not the richest person out ther.
Advertisement
_
__
george911
_
11. July 2007 @ 17:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
no if its not pro it wont work
aakash294
_
11. July 2007 @ 17:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
what duz pro hav that a regular one doesn't??
george911
_
11. July 2007 @ 17:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
the ability to play back ups lol
youre new to this stuff arent you.
george911
_
11. July 2007 @ 17:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
here just buy this modchip called "viper gc with programmer"
best one on the market in my opinion. extremely easy installation.
only 20 bucks gets there in less than week.

http://www.divineo.com/cgi-bin/div-us/dd-gc-viperlpt.html

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 11. July 2007 @ 17:11

satoris
_
13. July 2007 @ 06:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Okay...here's a mini guide to Max Drive availability/alternatives:

1. The original Max Drive / PRO only works if you have a legit copy of the PRO GC disk.

2. There aren't any known retailers who will still sell the MDP + Software. Don't bother looking. (Check eBay, or make offers on the forums instead)

3. If you manage to get a MDP + software from another country, it should work fine, as far as we can logically determine

4. A viable alternative to MDP has surfaced. It is known as SD Media Launcher. These are said to be at many retailers, and are easy to obtain. The guide is here:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/468895

5. If you have an MDP + Software AND a modchip, PLEASE sell your MDP to those of us who don't like bothering with modchips. You can easily get a good price for it!

Disclaimer: I have not tried any alternate methods myself, I am just summarizing the discussions on this forum as related to MDP softmodding.
wolf9545
_
14. July 2007 @ 11:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Moved to:
http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/6/468895#3231987
due to posting it wrong thread.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 16. July 2007 @ 08:06

satoris
_
16. July 2007 @ 06:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The guide to SD Loader is at:

There are also several threads on GCoS (just use the search near the top of the page)

---
This thread is for playing backups with Max Drive Pro.
wolf9545
_
16. July 2007 @ 08:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by satoris:
The guide to SD Loader is at:

There are also several threads on GCoS (just use the search near the top of the page)

---
This thread is for playing backups with Max Drive Pro.
I really do apologize for that. I thought I did post it in that thread; I will move it. Thanks for not yelling like some people on other message boards. What you said is all that needed to be said not a bunch of yelling about noobs not doing something right. Since they are noobs, like me at some stuff, they don't know exactly what to do so they ask and sometimes it may not be in the right area. If someone, like you, tells them where to go they learn but if they get yelled at then the typical image of "the guy that knows a lot about the topic doesn't help anyone gets reinforced".

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 16. July 2007 @ 08:09

j9990
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
2. August 2007 @ 10:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I've got a Max Drive PRO, with both the software and install disc, pre-loaded with the method explained here. I'm willing to sell it since I no longer have a GameCube. I'll even throw in a couple of blank Mini-DVD's. Any offers?
george911
_
2. August 2007 @ 19:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yo j999, dont sell it for any less than 60 or 70. ppl would kill to get their hands on one of those. espescially on ebay.
nwasquad
_
3. August 2007 @ 21:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
j9990 I would be willing to buy that from you; just name your price.
j9990
_
4. August 2007 @ 16:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I was thinking $80.
nwasquad
_
5. August 2007 @ 00:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Okay j9990. Just to make sure, does that cost include shipping?
And if it shows as faulty, is htere some kind of refund service (ie-get money back excluding shipping cost or something similar?)
_
5. August 2007 @ 00:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
lol i dont think ur suppose to sell anything on this forum and especially bout pirating

and for the guy whos gonna buy that max drive your an idiot lol

i mean if your not soldering kinda guy go for it

the chip only cost like wat? 20 bucks... and ur gonna buy that for 80 bucks plus shipping and handeling my god thats how a gc cost lol

oh yeah all mod chip stores are closed down for noe
j9990
_
5. August 2007 @ 18:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
It's not for piracy?

But since it seems we can't sell anything anyways, PM me you're email.
Yes, that includes shipping.
Be aware that Max Drive PRO's don't work on all GameCube's. It doesn't work on mine, I had to up my lasers pot. However, it works perfectly on all my friend's cube's that I've tested (3 of them). However we can definitely work out a refund if the actual product is defective, maybe even if its just your cube.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 5. August 2007 @ 18:24

nwasquad
_
6. August 2007 @ 21:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
actually i was able to get one from someone else, but thanks for the offer
Red07
_
16. August 2007 @ 20:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by j9990:
I've got a Max Drive PRO, with both the software and install disc, pre-loaded with the method explained here. I'm willing to sell it since I no longer have a GameCube. I'll even throw in a couple of blank Mini-DVD's. Any offers?
I'm interested.
Ps2Nooob
_
6. September 2007 @ 19:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
is there a substitute for Max Drive Pro, like for example the USB Memory Adapter 64M for GC by EMS?

OMG LOL
OnionPie
_
1. November 2007 @ 12:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I just got a Gamecube, I don't know why, but I already have a Wii and everything. But I figure if there is a cheap method, modchip, softmod or whatever. I might as well use it for emulation...

Any guides to helping me install DVD Top/Modchips

Does Action Replay work for this method? I already have a Gamecube Action Replay...

"Glorification comes from the journey, not the outcome" - Phil Jackson
Joana9
_
11. December 2007 @ 21:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hi where did you get Max Drive PRO for gamecube?? I cannot find it. Can you upload it for me and I will download it.

If you would be nice
thanks
Epkinz
_
1. January 2008 @ 23:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Is there anyway you can still buy the Max Drive Pro? I would really like to get one.
Skv012a
_
14. January 2008 @ 10:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Same question as george, can we just use the Free Loader to run isos?
Joana9
_
14. January 2008 @ 16:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Epkinz:
Is there anyway you can still buy the Max Drive Pro? I would really like to get one.
If you get one and will you upload the max drive pro game on the website for me?

If you would be nice
thanks
Advertisement
_
__

_
xerofyre
_
21. July 2009 @ 16:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Many years after dabbling in GCN backups, I want to play some old games.

I have a Max Drive Pro, I downloaded the software from the website (since i lost the pc disk, but the gcn disk still works).

I downloaded Gcos again. I plugged the memory card into the computer, booted up the software, I drag the .dol file to cube, and....nothing happens. Nothing at all.

What do I do?

If I can't fix this I might just sell the max drive pro stuff since maybe one of you guys could make it work.

afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > nintendo gamecube - general discussion > tutorial: how to play backups w/o mod chip, only max drive pro memcard

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork