User User name Password  

Saturday 18.5.2024 / 20:35
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > general discussion > user submitted guides > playing pal ps2 games on an ntsc ps2
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Playing PAL PS2 games on an NTSC PS2
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
8. March 2009 @ 08:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by BOW07108:
Ok this is very confusing. Now I just bought Graffiti Kingdom from this guy in France, and he said it was NTSC form but it's PAL...now I can't play it...I want to buy a converter but I don't know if I need a NTSC-PAL or a PAL-NTSC to play it...It's a PAL format game that I want to play on my NTSC PS2 Slim, and my monitor is actually the screen for an old Commodor 64, been using it for my game systems since 1999. But can anyone answer this please? I am sure you all understand spending 40$ for a game and being ripped off is aggravating...
I wanted too know if you figured it out how tooplay the pal games on the ntsc tv well i have i patched the game loaded it in fmcb and esr booted it up and the reason it not in b/w its because I switched the cable so its the AV cable playing the game now and works.

It is too live life too the fullest then never lived at all.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 8. March 2009 @ 08:46

Advertisement
_
__
jqmustang
_
10. March 2009 @ 11:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ive tried several different things and have not had anything work for the singstar PAL games. MY ps2 is modded so the problem lies on the TV(ntsc). If I convert it, it gets out of sync and is unplayable. I ordered a pal to ntsc converter off ebay, hopefully that works. Has anyone tried connecting thier ps2 to a tv that can be used as a monitor? my tv has that capability. Anyone think that can solve my issue?
_
10. March 2009 @ 15:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I actually use my computer as a tv and use a program from an external usb tv tuner so when i plugged in the av cord the pal games work and ntsc I am having problems with or until I get my new swap magic dvd disk this week I wont know.

also I wanted too know when you guys patch the game or if you patch and use ESR.

The problem I have is when I use the patch it converts it too a dvd with audio and video ts folders on it so I want too know if iM DOIng something wrong or what.

yamyfz
_
13. March 2009 @ 12:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
you need a hd tv and component cables the red green blue
chachamia
_
13. March 2009 @ 16:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The PAL PS2 that I bought off of ebay.co.uk has finally arrived from the UK. It took a while to get to me. This is the auction I had won. Now I'm waiting on my Bollywood Singstar to arrive.

Like I said earlier, I have a multifunction TV at home (a nice 29" Sony Wega we bought almost 10 years ago). What sucks is that it seems from looking at this thread that it will be hard to use this PAL PS2 with NTSC TVs so taking it with me when I travel to family events is out.

Originally posted by DaTTeN:
chachamia; I'm not sure what you mean, really.. I'm pretty bad at understanding english :P but I think, if you mean the outputs to the tv, it's just a regular A/V output.. just as the "fat" ps2 has.. I don't know though if there's any adapters / converters for that either :S shiet, sony is pretty messed up these days, huh? =)

I'm not even sure what I was asking lol. So, don't worry about it I guess.
_
20. March 2009 @ 01:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I need too know how unpatch the y-fix I think I patched some iso's that were not pal.

_
21. March 2009 @ 20:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Is there a patch to play ps2 games with the sles code on usb advance.

Never mind I answered my own question nd other.
]
So if you have a patched ps2 game thats patched 2 times leave it and it should load on usb advance my sles underworld did.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 21. March 2009 @ 20:50

DTVspy
_
19. April 2009 @ 02:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Mortal Kombat - on the hertz screen during start up
press down once then x

James Bond Quantum of Solace - on hertz screen during start up
press down once the press x

And Im off Chase-ing my Tail again!!!!
goldsound
Inactive
_
2. May 2009 @ 17:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey, I've done everything up to the Patching Part. Whenever I try to browse and open the file it says it is in use by another program or it is read only. I've checked to make sure it isn't read only and I've also restarted my computer to make sure it isn't being used by another program. I took out the disk (DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3) even and it still comes up with that message. Help!!!
goldsound
Inactive
_
3. May 2009 @ 05:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Now it just says the File Type is Read Only. I've gone inside the files too and made sure that it isn't.
goldsound
Inactive
_
3. May 2009 @ 05:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
No nevermind I was using NTSC 2 Pal before so now it's gone back to it's opened by another program or it is Read Only
yamyfz
_
16. May 2009 @ 12:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
if anyone is interested i have made a tutorial to play pal games on ntsc high def tv you can find it here http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/732415 i hope this helps people trying to play pal music games such as singstar

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 16. May 2009 @ 12:19

Shinraboy
_
10. June 2009 @ 17:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Probably a simple question ^_^ I have a EUR PAL version of Kingdom Hearts . I want to change the language to Spanish. Is this possible? Most EUR games have 5 languages right? Thanks!
anubis965
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
12. July 2009 @ 00:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
First time here so here's the scoop. I recently purchased a copy of Altered Beast for PS2 and when it came I found it was in PAL format. Can anyone tell me how to get this working on a NTSC PS2 machine?
geeshou
_
24. December 2009 @ 08:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Alright I know this might have been gone over a lot of times, but I seriously need help. I want to patch Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja 5 to be NTSC compatible. First of all, is there an option on the game disc that changes it to 60hz? If not, what patching method should I use? ADR patcher or the other PAL NTSC beta thingy lol? Finally, do I need a modded PS2 to play the burnt game? If I do, is there a way I can play this game without having to mod my PS2? I don't wanna mess with that. Finally, what would happen if I just put the PAL game in my NTSC system? Would it play?
Roxanne_
_
28. December 2009 @ 08:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
nice stuff
pablongon
_
11. January 2010 @ 00:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
Originally posted by eleazarm:
Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow :
+ with pal2ntsc 1.06 patch both elf files, burn and play, works 100% for me, if patch directly the iso image the game still in PAL, you must patch all elf files.
I have succesfully patched this game, by using the above method. Just some changes i will like to explain further, because i burned 3 DVD's the wrong way.

There are actually 3 "ELF" files:
-sc2a.elf
-sc2b.elf
-and SLES_521.49

Each one of them is for some features of the game.

SLES, for example, is for the starting screen. That explains why if you only patch the .iso file (this will only patch the sles), the starting screen will be OK, but the main game and the menu will still be jumpy (and in PAL).

What you need to do is to patch all 3 ELF files:

1) Extract the files:
In order to do this, you must open the image with isobuster, extract all the files to a folder in your pc (in the right order in which they are on isobuster), and then run pal2ntsc.

2) Patch the files:
-Run pal2ntsc.
-Leave the "Y-FIX OFFSET" in 48, and uncheck PN selector.
-You must then browse for your folder in which you copied the files, and in the bottom right corner, where it says "CD/DVD image (*iso, *bin)", you must choose "elf". Select the 3 ELF files, one by one, and click "patch file". The SLES file will have an "y-fix" error, and the y-fix of that file will be aborted, which will determine the opening screen of the game to have a black screen on top. That's ok, because the game itself will be allright (because of what i explained above).

3) Remount and bur
Once you have all 3 ELF files patched, then, open nero burning rom, choose DVD (UDF/ISO) (the bottom option), and you must drag all the files in the order they showed up in isobuster. Last, you must burn the DVD at 4X speed top (i strongly suggest this).

That's all, I hope this helps people to save some DVD's, don't give up on pal2ntsc, it's a great program.

Thank's to eleazarm, who maked me believe it was possible.

Es mejor vivir un dia que morir.
_
9. March 2010 @ 17:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I plan to try this.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 9. March 2010 @ 17:24

Larz404
_
4. June 2010 @ 18:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Anyone have a link to get the latest version of PS2 PAL TO NTSC PATCHER WITH Y-FIX?

Thanks
Advertisement
_
__

_
Larz404
_
4. June 2010 @ 18:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Anyone have a link to get the latest version of PS2 PAL TO NTSC PATCHER WITH Y-FIX?

Thanks

Related links
For more PS2 discussion, please visit our sister site, Blasteroids.com
Read our PS2 backup tutorial & information package

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
WATCH: DVD player used to hack PS2 3 16. July 2020 News comments
First PS2 games on PS4 available now including GTA, Twisted Metal 10 13. December 2015 News comments
Sony: PlayStation 4 very likely to surpass PS2 in profitability 19 10. June 2014 News comments
ps2 can display 3 1. June 2014 PS2 - General discussion
how to mod a ps2 1 16. May 2014 PS2 - General discussion
Two PS2 Slims - One Accepts Swap Magic, one doesnt... All Detail inside 1 1. May 2014 PS2 - DVD backup discussion
How to burn PS2 games with Free McBoot 2 20. April 2014 PS2 - Software boot discussion
PS2 Hard Drive Loader 1 1. April 2014 PS2 - General discussion
Convert from PS2 to TV format? 1 4. March 2014 Convert video to another format
PS2 AR Max Hardware problem 4 21. January 2014 PS2 - General discussion

afterdawn.com > forums > general discussion > user submitted guides > playing pal ps2 games on an ntsc ps2

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork