User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 11:53
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > announcements > forum announcements > improvements to the message editor
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Improvements to the message editor
  Jump to:

Posted Message
I hate titles

35 product reviews
_
22. November 2006 @ 08:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
We just launched a slightly improved version of our forums' message editor, which now contains "interactive buttons" for adding basic tags to your messages.

Petteri Pyyny (pyyny@twitter)
Webmaster
https://AfterDawn.com/
Advertisement
_
__

7 product reviews
_
22. November 2006 @ 09:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
sweet, thanks!
it works \o/ :)

_
22. November 2006 @ 09:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
cheers, just noticed a couple minutes ago. nice

Main PC ~ Intel C2Q Q6600 (G0 Stepping)/Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3/2GB Crucial Ballistix PC2-8500/Zalman CNPS9700/Antec 900/Corsair HX 620W
Network ~ DD-WRT ~ 2node WDS-WPA2/AES ~ Buffalo WHR-G54S. 3node WPA2/AES ~ WRT54GS v6 (inc. WEP BSSID), WRT54G v2, WRT54G2 v1. *** Forum Rules ***
AfterDawn Addict
_
22. November 2006 @ 09:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I just noticed this! Great work guys :D

_
22. November 2006 @ 09:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
rockin

I LOVE IT

Great job!!!!!!!

Quote:
We just launched a slightly improved version of our forums' message editor, which now contains "interactive buttons" for adding basic tags to your messages.
Just testin it out...... Great addition. This is my favorite yet.

All men profess honesty as long as they can. To believe all men honest would be folly. To believe none so is something worse. -John Quincy Adams

_
22. November 2006 @ 10:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Absolutely outstanding. I like it a lot. Now, if we could only get this in PM. ;)

Thank you aD staff!

Admin

9 product reviews
_
22. November 2006 @ 11:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Niobis:
Absolutely outstanding. I like it a lot. Now, if we could only get this in PM. ;)
You do get it in PM. =)

Jari Ketola
Administrator
http://www.AfterDawn.com
_
22. November 2006 @ 12:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
See what you get for not looking... O_O

_
23. November 2006 @ 06:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

Yours Truly; Rav
BitTorrent Safety Guide: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/395674
Free Security Software: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/292257
The cleverest of all, in my opinion, is the man who calls himself a fool at least once a month. - Fyodor Dostoevsky
_
23. November 2006 @ 09:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Now all we need is the ability to view ALL of our own and or other peoples post & post count like a vbulletin or IPB would either in profile or in the left hand side under the users name =)
AfterDawn Addict
_
23. November 2006 @ 09:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Why would we need that?

Members here aren't judged by post count; they are judged by their quality of content in their posts. That would be more reason for idiots to bitch about status etc.

And anyway, we don't want to start looking like all the other forums... like XS! :P

AfterDawn Addict

6 product reviews
_
23. November 2006 @ 22:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks for the great improvements. I noticed it a few days ago and i have to say it is a tool that will come very handy, when i feel too lazy to typle in the codes :)

Well done :D

Edited by DVDBack23

"the mediocre teacher tells. the good teacher explains. the superior teacher demonstrates. the great teacher inspires."- William Aruthur Ward
AfterDawn Addict
_
24. November 2006 @ 17:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Although I hate change, I really do. This is for the better. Although in my opinion afterdawn was awesome a year ago.
_
25. November 2006 @ 03:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by iPirate:
Although I hate change, I really do. This is for the better. Although in my opinion afterdawn was awesome a year ago.
It was awesome then & still is now.. :-) Thanks again for the improvements admins!

Yours Truly; Rav
BitTorrent Safety Guide: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/395674
Free Security Software: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/292257
The cleverest of all, in my opinion, is the man who calls himself a fool at least once a month. - Fyodor Dostoevsky
_
25. November 2006 @ 14:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
They look ok, but, me being old fashioned and not likeing change that much, think that it was not entirely needed.
But I am guessing they are going to stay so I have also a suggestion to make, a nicer colour for the buttons would be nice (silver/gray is over used) and there should be an underline and strikethrough buttons.

Anyway, I guess AD is still not out of its changeing phase **sigh** I miss the old look.

Things are getting to easy for their own good.

"He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever." - Chinese Proverb BluRay.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 25. November 2006 @ 14:05

_
26. November 2006 @ 00:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i'm usually too old-fashioned also, however if i see no need in using something, i just don't use it - easy as pie

Main PC ~ Intel C2Q Q6600 (G0 Stepping)/Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3/2GB Crucial Ballistix PC2-8500/Zalman CNPS9700/Antec 900/Corsair HX 620W
Network ~ DD-WRT ~ 2node WDS-WPA2/AES ~ Buffalo WHR-G54S. 3node WPA2/AES ~ WRT54GS v6 (inc. WEP BSSID), WRT54G v2, WRT54G2 v1. *** Forum Rules ***
_
26. November 2006 @ 09:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
easy as pie not to use something but for me its not about useing it its about trying not to look at it and ignore it.

"He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever." - Chinese Proverb BluRay.
_
26. November 2006 @ 10:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
you should pity us mods then, hours spent teleporting threads around etc :)

_
27. November 2006 @ 05:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
you spend hours moveing threads? X0

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 27. November 2006 @ 05:08

_
27. November 2006 @ 05:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i do, at least a couple hours each day these days, i used to spend longer but i'm a lot quicker now as my typing has come on leaps and bounds; plenty practice round here

Advertisement
_
__

_
janrocks
Suspended permanently
_
28. November 2006 @ 18:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Funny.. I hadn't noticed the change.. Then again i just put my tags in same as everywhere else. Button clicking for the lazy/ignorant isn't a justifiable excuse to change things. We do enough complaining about the computer illiterate around here, why spoonfeed them. Make vi or emacs the standard posting interface instead, with no man pages...heh heh heh
afterdawn.com > forums > announcements > forum announcements > improvements to the message editor

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork