User User name Password  

Sunday 9.6.2024 / 11:57
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > cd-r(w) media > file recovery?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
file recovery?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
res2cue
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
3. January 2007 @ 18:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have a re-writable disk that for whatever reason, (I think poor media and age) won't let me have access to the files on that disc. It freezes up "My Computer" as soon as I try to access that drive. Is there any way I can retrieve these files from the disc or are they gone forever? I thought about cloning the disc in the hopes that maybe by some miracle that might work, but haven't yet. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hiram 319
AF & AM
JoeRyan
_
4. January 2007 @ 06:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If the disc was finalized and not formatted with packet-writing software, you have a better chance at recovering the data. Your drive is not reading the lead-in properly. Another drive from a different manufacturer may have better luck if its laser pattern on the disc is different from that of your drive. I have been able to recover data from discs by using as many as ten different drives to read every file on a rewritable disc that went bad.

Some early 24X rewritable discs were notoriously unstable after a short time. This is common for storage media that try to move beyond the tried and true methods. I think that is one reason why almost no 32X CD-RW discs exist.
res2cue
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
4. January 2007 @ 07:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
alright thanks, since both my drives are LG I guess I am going to have to wait until I get to work.

Hiram 319
AF & AM
Advertisement
_
__

_
bratcher
_
8. January 2007 @ 20:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Isobuster can recover almost anything from CD's & DVD's....
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > cd-r(w) media > file recovery?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork