User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 23:38
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > digital video discussion for linux users > avi from dvd::rip on mac and windows
Show topics

Forums
Forums
avi from dvd::rip on mac and windows
  Jump to:

Posted Message
radiodee1
_
18. January 2007 @ 11:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I've just ripped a movie I like with dvd::rip onto two CDs as an AVI. When I try to play the cds on Windows Media Player the first one tries to play as music, but the second one plays well as an AVI. Is there a way to rip AVI files with dvd::rip that doesn't have this problem, and what are my chances of playback success on a mac on a program like quicktime?

NOTE: I got both cds to play with a seperate DivX player that's on the PC, that came with the DivX download a while back, so it's not like I couldn't get the file to play at all, just not on WMplayer. This problem has happened to me before, always the first file playing as music and the second file playing fine.

howdy
sheary
Suspended permanently
_
11. February 2007 @ 16:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 17. February 2007 @ 16:39

offreyb
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
12. July 2007 @ 00:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I think you can use xilisoft dvd creator for mac to burn the movies on dvd. It can convert AVI to DVD, MPEG to DVD, DivX to DVD, burn DVD folder to DVD, ISO file to DVD for Mac OS to play on portable or home DVD player. The program is easy to use, and very fast.
Advertisement
_
__

_
Andyli
_
18. July 2007 @ 03:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by offreyb:
I think you can use xilisoft dvd creator for mac to burn the movies on dvd. It can convert AVI to DVD, MPEG to DVD, DivX to DVD, burn DVD folder to DVD, ISO file to DVD for Mac OS to play on portable or home DVD player. The program is easy to use, and very fast.
sounds good! i have been looking for dvd burner. maybe i will try xili dvd creator for mac.but where can we find other dvd buner?
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > digital video discussion for linux users > avi from dvd::rip on mac and windows

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork