User User name Password  

Wednesday 29.5.2024 / 01:43
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > convert dvd to another format > jumpy video on svcd
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Jumpy Video on svcd
  Jump to:

Posted Message
WhatsThat
_
8. November 2001 @ 13:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Can someone help please? I have been making some good vcds on TMPeng up to 2000kbits bit rate and decided to have a go at making an svcd. Problem is I can't get smooth video playback unless I reduce the bit rate to 1,150 kbits (VBR or CBR) which looks terrible with lots of motion blocking. I have a Limit 8080a dvd, and have checked all the settings whilst encoding in TMPeng. Any ideas would be welcome
I hate titles

35 product reviews
_
8. November 2001 @ 13:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Sounds like your DVD player has some issues with its MPEG-2 decoding -- have you tried the SVCD on any other DVD player (although I can say for 99% certainity that the MPEG-2 encoding settings in your player's firmware cause the problem). Funny though that you can have higher bitrate with MPEG-1, but you have to use VCD bitrate for MPEG-2 :-) Have you tried some ridiculous bitrates, like 8MBit/sec for MPEG-2 (same as regular DVD has)?
WhatsThat
_
9. November 2001 @ 09:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks for the reply dRD; actually I haven't tried them in other players (looks like I'll have to take a trip out to one of our numerous electronic superstores over the weekend!!). What I forgot to mention was that I had converted one file using Nero burning software to SVCD, and this plays back quite well (but again the picture quality takes a knock). I will try uping the rate to something ridiculous and let you know what happens. Thanks again.
Related links
Read AfterDawn.com's SVCD guides from here!

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
Encoded SVCD - time moves slower on playback 2 6. February 2010 Video - Software discussion
SVCD slideshow quality very bad.. Help 7 16. December 2008 Nero discussion
Need help with fitting SVCD into CD 9 1. October 2008 DVD±R for newbies
Problems burning SVCD 5 23. January 2008 Nero discussion
Home Movie to Vcd or Svcd? 6 13. July 2007 Digital camcorders
express 6 slide shows & svcd 2 12. May 2007 Nero discussion
What suffix for my SVCD file? 8 23. March 2007 Video - Everything else
SVCD or VCD with PC aplication 2 5. February 2007 Nero discussion
Help Me Create TV Episode Series on DVD or SVCD in Volumes 1 20. January 2007 Video playback problems
trouble viewing SVCD 2 5. December 2006 Convert DVD to another format

afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > convert dvd to another format > jumpy video on svcd

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork