User User name Password  

Monday 10.6.2024 / 11:34
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video capturing from analog sources > copying a copyrighted dvd to a vhs
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Copying a copyrighted dvd to a vhs
  Jump to:

Posted Message
JDM
_
27. August 2003 @ 08:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi, first sorry for my bad enghish.
Could someone help me?
J need to copy a copyrighted dvd to a vhs, j have all the hardware neccessary (if j try with a no copyrighted dvd all works well!)
What j need to do j think is to decrypt the dvd and revers it into my hard disk, after that, play this copy and register it on a vhs.
J have tried with a dvd decrypter, but the .iso file that it create is'nt readable from any application... what j can do?

Thanks for the help

JDM
Advertisement
_
__
ken0042
_
27. August 2003 @ 14:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
You can either decrypt the movie with DVD Decrypter, then re-encode it with DVD2One then burn it with a program like Record Now...... but that isn't what I would do.

You need to get a device called a Video Image Stablizer or Video Enhancer. then you connect your DVD player to the VCR with this box in between, and it will remove most Macrovision (copy protection) for you. The one I use is like the one here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3043059273&category=14968

This device will not work for many newer Disney DVD's, just so you know.
ken0042
_
27. August 2003 @ 14:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
It also helps in the search if you spell "STABILIZER" right. (oops)
JDM
_
13. September 2003 @ 04:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thank's for help!
J'll try

JDM
KEGGLER
Suspended permanently
_
24. September 2003 @ 22:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
why don't you just hook a dvd player up to a vcr and bypass the whole computer thing....much easier

-KEGGLER
Matador
_
13. October 2003 @ 01:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
You can use DVD Decrypter to make an Iso without macro.Then burn to dvd-/+rw.Now just plug RCA connectors to VRC Video input.Switch to video in mode.Then just press record.
Praetor
_
13. October 2003 @ 10:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Why, might i ask, would you want to go back to VHS?

ASUS A8V Deluxe, A64-3500 @ 2.65
1GB KingMax PC3700
640GB [4x160GB, 7200, 8MB]
XFX 6800GT 256MB
Rules and Policies: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487
JDM
_
31. October 2003 @ 01:26 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yes Praetor,
j want to go back to VHS.
J have done this with DVD Decrypter, making an iso file an some VOB files, then simply j have played this files with power dvd and j have connected the s-vhs output of my video card to my VCR.
it's works fine! Thank to all you!
Advertisement
_
__

_
Praetor
_
1. November 2003 @ 22:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Awesome! Well glad you got it working!

ASUS A8V Deluxe, A64-3500 @ 2.65
1GB KingMax PC3700
640GB [4x160GB, 7200, 8MB]
XFX 6800GT 256MB
Rules and Policies: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video capturing from analog sources > copying a copyrighted dvd to a vhs

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork