User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 22:32
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - games > possible god of war 2 glitch??
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Possible God of War 2 glitch??
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Page:12Next >
dynofrk98
_
16. March 2007 @ 04:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I don't really post too much here but I'm really stumped on this part. When you get to the part in GOW2 in the Titan's lair (fairly early in the game) and you have to attack his fingers and roll under the middle finger, for whatever reason, I attack the finger and kratos will roll but won't go under the finger. I used the walkthrough from cheatcc but it was very vague on that part. Is this a glitch or am i doing something wrong? Sorry for the n00b type question, but i'm so frustrated! lol
Advertisement
_
__
rogueFive
_
16. March 2007 @ 23:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'm having a similar problem in the same spot.

I can get the pinky and ring finger to move up and stay, but absolutely nothing happens when I hack at the middle finger. Nothing.

Any ideas anyone?
dynofrk98
_
17. March 2007 @ 03:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I figured it out, once you get into the lair, you have to hit his middle finger (blocking the main path) and he will move it back against the wall, run past it all the way to the edge of the cliff and you will see a wall you can jump onto and wall climb down to a differnt area, from the guide it makes it sound like you have to hit his fingers til they move up and roll under them, which isnt the case.
rogueFive
_
17. March 2007 @ 21:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ahh... thanks, but actually my situation was because of a glitch. The first time I entered the cave, when you jump off the pegasus and it gets trapped, I somehow walked off a ledge and ended up further along in the level, somewhere below where you're supposed to start. So I never actually had to clear the path by slashing the middle finger so it would move up against the wall.

The first time I got to the fingers was after defeating the rest of the level, freeing prometheus and getting the rage of the titans. The middle finger does not move back against the wall when you hack it from the other side (the side by the ring finger). I had to restart the whole level from a save back before I even flew the pegasus to that level.

Hopefully anyone else who may have fallen off that ledge will read this and not have to spend hours hacking at the middle finger.

Cheers! [chugs a Guinness]
barca19
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
18. March 2007 @ 10:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Im just wondering if any of u playing the game encountered this, in god of war 2 when u get the first new sword (blue one) and ur facing the statue, after u hit him a few times, it says to press circle to finish him, now wen i do that kratos jumps with the sword and cuts him open, but after i fall down into the water under the statue and its pitch black with only the sword showing then i die, so im wondering is this normal or is the game messed or wat shuld i do.
rogueFive
_
18. March 2007 @ 15:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Sounds like something is messed up. You're supposed to end up inside the statue, not in the water underneath it.

How many times have you tried this and ended up down in the water in the pitch black? I'd try starting from a save game farther back than the one you're loading.
JahBless
_
30. March 2007 @ 07:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
When I get to the part when you obtain the amulet of the fates and it comes time to use it... time stops brefly but it's only a quick half of second and there isn't even a meter! Is this a glitch or is there something else I have to do?

John Da Don
rogueFive
_
30. March 2007 @ 08:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by JahBless:
When I get to the part when you obtain the amulet of the fates and it comes time to use it... time stops brefly but it's only a quick half of second and there isn't even a meter! Is this a glitch or is there something else I have to do?
Sounds like you're not completely in view of the statue's orb. Just make sure you're completely within view. You may notice the orb has an extra glowing green ring around it when you're in the proper position.

Holding L1 while you tap R1 should be enough to activate it. A green ray of light will connect Kratos's hand to the statue's orb. You'll see a little yellow meter underneath your magic bar slowly drain away. You should have like 10 seconds of slowed time.
_
31. March 2007 @ 20:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
time slowing is canceled if you allow Kratos to 'grab' anything too.

kc

Carreg
_
3. May 2007 @ 17:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Arrghh! Just done the part where I have to save Pegasus from underneath the titan's hand, when the hand is gone Pegasus isn't even there! I've had no other choice than to start the game from the start as i wasn't sensible enough to make multiple saves.
Kratos2
_
20. May 2007 @ 08:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I might have a glitch... When I have solved the Steeds of Time puzzle with the colored levers I press R1 to throw the large lever but I dont get to see the cutscene. Now when I go back to the top and kill the minotaurs and soldiers I try the pass back to the temple of lakhesis but... THE CHAIN IS GONE! At any time before I throw the large switch I'm able to see it and pass back... Any suggestions?
pimpman22
_
20. May 2007 @ 13:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
all you are supposed to do is play threw the level and get rage of the titans then you go back to the fingers and when you have gottan rage of the titans and you hit his fingers and they all come up and release pegasus
marwan89
_
25. June 2007 @ 05:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hi man u r spy

iam iraqi loveing saddam
_
10. July 2007 @ 11:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i've had similiar problems hmmmm
kioki2
Inactive
_
11. July 2007 @ 07:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I don't know how far I got in to that game. But it was when you ride a horse that has flaming wings and fighting with the dragons on the air. It seems I get stuck in there... there's like a missile that's always firing and you die all the time. There's a red controller icon on the screen that goes left and right. Any idea of how to get out from there?

KIOKI2
acmilan1
_
13. July 2007 @ 20:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Sorry dude but you are doing it wrong I did. But u gotta give it a couple of tries thats what i did

CIAO
venom132
_
16. August 2007 @ 13:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by kioki2:
I don't know how far I got in to that game. But it was when you ride a horse that has flaming wings and fighting with the dragons on the air. It seems I get stuck in there... there's like a missile that's always firing and you die all the time. There's a red controller icon on the screen that goes left and right. Any idea of how to get out from there?
since you're probably just a kid, i won't say anything out of the way.
don't get hit by the missile. when you see the red controller, wiggle the joystick so you regain stability. if you survive long enough you'll fly right out of there.
Deriko
_
6. September 2007 @ 22:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yeah....i had some problems with that part too.....i couldnt get back up after i was hit.......but in a couple of tries.....i could wiggle the controlller fast enough.....just try it a little more....^^

Nice imported stuff
Directly from Asia
Come Here!!
http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-24kf-49-en.html
Manwatkar
_
1. October 2007 @ 21:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey! If you need any help on god of war 2 you must ask Jaideep.He's really a good gamer and has also completed the game.
GoWFaN432
_
14. November 2007 @ 18:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello.Id wish to see someone beat titan mode lol easy is almoast hard enough. But I wish to help ppl n e way i can. one way is on bonus play if ur smart, ud prolly figure that u had to shoot down prometheus with typhons bane.and you already have it so w8 a sec ill shoot him now. if u arnt very smart ud prolly go through normally and get typhons bane and waste about 20 minuts depending on how good u are.oh and can n e body help me with challange of titans mode?? the first challengs with the cyclops he died b4 i can grab him and take his eye n e suggestions??
_
26. April 2008 @ 03:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'm having a similar problem you

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 26. April 2008 @ 03:39

venom132
_
28. April 2008 @ 13:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
why does everyone have so many problems with this game?
easy is not hard. the normal difficulty was easy and titan mode was just barely above what normal should've been.
vansimon
_
8. August 2008 @ 22:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hi ,

well im palying now on slim v12 silver pal console , and i have backed up gow2 over about 100 dvd because of the glitches ( backed up the rebuilded small single layer not the original double layer ) the glitches was :

1-when im escaping from death where the part of many hands slap me i got stuck at the open hole that leads me out ... i just stuck at its edge.

2-when i ride the horse for very first time its just fly for seconds then a seen freeze.

3-when i enter to the first titan the horse just penetrate the wall to nowhere black area.

4-the part when im jumping from one pillat to another ( falling pillars ) when i get to last pillar the game suppose to run automaticaly and kratos jump in the air smashing the wall into a road but its just smashing the wall to no where green color and game freeze.

5- at the bridge just before meeting the guy with the wings an automating movie suppose to be played whre the winged guy show himself but this movie just dont get played and im stuck on the bridge watching sunrise (or sunset i realy cant remember)

6- when i try to save after just taking the wings at the part far from this stone yellow titan nose the game freezes and dont save at all ( so i had to restart again from last save which was just before the previous automatic movie in point no. 5 and waiting and beggeing the console and the dvd to let the movie played and not get stuck there).

7- when i enter to meet sisters of fate they are just not there !!! im just standing in the room looking at these pale yellow mirrors and jumbing from one ring to another like tarazan without any automatic movie.

well at last i figured out the perfect burn backingup conditions that realy worked for me without any problems ( i even finished the game with this burned dvd 3 succesive times means continous 18 hours playing :) ) ......

--- i used : DVD +R(postive R) not -R , with alcohol 120% ( i choosed to booktype the dvd to dvd-rom or unless the console will not read it at all ) , burn at 8x , dao , high presice data position.

note : the only deffect about this method that sometimes the game will freeze and the loading word appear but this last for not more than 10 seconds the silly thing that it can happen when u ae the middle of serious thing ( as lifting up door , in the air while doing a critical jump , hunged to a ring ant foucus to jump to next ring ) but for me all these deffects are acceptable after what i saw in the other deffects before.

hhmmmmmmmmmmmmm ....... thx

cup of water can save life .... drop of water in the lung can cause death
_
9. August 2008 @ 07:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
if you've burnt 100 coasters obviously it's your chip, your burner or you that's at fault.

Advertisement
_
__

_
gamer_god
_
26. October 2008 @ 21:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Lol wow this thread really brought out the newbies lol (including me). Anyway, I was having this problem as well but then about 3 days later it was back to normal, almost like it fixed itself. But I had to retry that part like a tons of times.

~~~All Hail The Gamer God~~~

Page:12Next >
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - games > possible god of war 2 glitch??

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork