User User name Password  

Monday 10.6.2024 / 11:19
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - p2p software > win mx blocked me i think
Show topics

Forums
Forums
win mx blocked me i think
  Jump to:

Posted Message
assripper
_
17. July 2002 @ 00:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hi, i have been using win mx for a long long time and i think its one of the best around, especial with the new version of downloads from mulitple users, and i also just got broadband, so i have been downloading alot of music , including single tracks from hole albums in order to make the album , a couple of weeks ago i tried to get on win mx( it usuakky take a couple fo seconds to connect ) but nothing it totally doesnt connect at all the only thing i can think off is they have blocked me , if you know what else it might be or how to get around it please help , thanks

Keeping it real....

Dumb ASS!
Advertisement
_
__
redrum
_
18. July 2002 @ 09:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Make sure you are running the most recent version. You can't connect if a new version is released.
maz
Inactive
_
22. July 2002 @ 20:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
That is wrong..you can connect if you are not using the new verison, i am under 2.6, and there is a 3.2 out...in fact im on win mx right now
redrum
_
23. July 2002 @ 04:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If you stay on the old-old version, earlier than 3.1, you're right, you don't have to update. Once you start useing the newer versions you have to stay current. And by the way, the newer versions are soooo much better, with multi-point download auto-complete and repair of corrupted files, I can't imagine why anyone would want to stay on the old version.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 23. July 2002 @ 04:18

Advertisement
_
__

_
BillyG
_
31. July 2002 @ 07:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I tried going back to earlier beta versions but WinMX would not connect to thier servers. I guess their servers are set up to only accept v3.22.

I have experimented with different port settings and found setting the TCP port to 20004 and the UDP to 20006 work better than the default ports. If you feel your ISP is blocking or scanning these ports change them frequently.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 31. July 2002 @ 07:16

afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - p2p software > win mx blocked me i think

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork