User User name Password  

Sunday 9.6.2024 / 11:29
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video capturing from analog sources > canopus advc - 100, good dv convertor box???
Show topics

Forums
Forums
CANOPUS ADVC - 100, good DV convertor box???
  Jump to:

Posted Message
KEGGLER
Suspended permanently
_
24. September 2003 @ 17:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey everyone out there in forumland...

I have a question concerning analog to digital and digital to analog conversion. I am looking for the best option for me to be able to digitize analog video and also be able to convert the digital video back to analog. I was considering the Canopus ADVC-100. From what I have come by thus far, it seems to be the best consumer-level dv convertor available. I DEFINITELY want firewire compatability for connectivity to my PC. I was wondering if anyone has any input on the subject, or any other convertor box suggestions. Thanks!!!
Advertisement
_
__
bogey219
_
28. September 2003 @ 05:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi Keggler,
I have a advc-100 and have converted about 20 vhs tapes (old home movies) to DVD's using Pinnacle Studio 8. I love this thing. Never had one dropped frame. I fit about 58 min. of video on a dvd. I have not tried converting digital back to analog yet. I highly recommend this piece of equipment. I got mine from B&H Photo for about $290.
good luck!
DarkFoss
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
28. September 2003 @ 15:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
From what I've been reading it's the best choice out there seen it on pricewatch for 259.99 followed closely by the Data Vidio Dac-100..I've been trying to decide between them for about a week. Main difference is no audio lock on this one but it's about 60$ or so less according to pricewatch.I'm also a bit confused do I need a firewire capture card for either of these or will my onboard firewire be sufficient?
http://www.datavideo-tek.com/navigation_frames/dac-100/entire.htm

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 28. September 2003 @ 15:17

KEGGLER
Suspended permanently
_
28. September 2003 @ 16:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
on-board firewire should most definitely suffice...and i think i'm gonna go with the canopus box myself...thanks for everyone's advice

-KEGGLER
DarkFoss
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
28. September 2003 @ 18:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Cool, I just did the same. Bought it from NewEgg.
Advertisement
_
__

_
KEGGLER
Suspended permanently
_
28. September 2003 @ 21:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Nice. I'm either going to get it from NewEgg, or EBay....i guess whichever comes out cheapest. Then again, I've ordered from NewEgg tons of times, never with a single problem, so maybe I'll give them the business as a show of gratitude.

-KEGGLER
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video capturing from analog sources > canopus advc - 100, good dv convertor box???

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork