User User name Password  

Monday 10.6.2024 / 03:32
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > copy dvd to dvdr > nero 6 nero express "quick burning" feature
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Nero 6 Nero Express "quick burning" feature
  Jump to:

Posted Message
idreos
_
25. September 2003 @ 22:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I am trying to make backup copies of my dvd's using Nero 6. The Nero Express program will not allow "quick burning" from my DVD source drive to my DVD destination drive. (The burn icon remains greyed). The program works ok when I use the same drive to create an image, but this requires me to switch discs in order to copy the saved image to the dvd disc. Any help in solving this problem will be appreciated!
Jim
yuedana
_
26. September 2003 @ 05:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
if you are making backups of commercial dvd's, then you will need to rip(decrypt) them first with a ripping program to your hard drive. Commercial dvd's have CSS which should prevent "quick burning" of dvd's. Most commercial dvd's are dvd9 which are dual layer discs and have twice the information on them and will not fit on a dvd5 (single layer) and will need to be compressed before they can be written to a dvd-/+r.

Go to the afterdawn guides or check out Oriphus's guides.
http://www.chrismccann.co.uk/user_guides.htm

I use dvdshrink to rip and compress but there are a number of different ways to do this.
idreos
_
26. September 2003 @ 08:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks for your reply.
I am making copies of my own dvds, not commercial ones. I can copy okay using the same DVD record drive, switching the origibal for a blank disc to burn the image copy to. The problem is I can't use Nero's quick burn copy which allows the use of two DVD drives if you have them(the source drive and destination drive)
Jim
Related links
Download Nero from here.
How to burn DVDs with Nero? Read our guide from here.
Support AfterDawn and purchase your copy of Nero from here!

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
My Nero 6 OEM not compatable with Windows 8.1 4 2. June 2014 Windows - Software discussion
nero 2014 3 24. May 2014 Nero discussion
need to download Nero 9 5 9. May 2014 Nero discussion
read errors on disc verify in nero 12 2 3. May 2014 Nero discussion
I lose sound when I join files on Nero 12 Platinum? 9 29. April 2014 Nero discussion
Nero 12 activation 3 15. January 2014 Nero discussion
Help with NERO burning BluRay 2 22. December 2013 Nero discussion
DVD-DL Media keeps failing with Nero Platinum 12 6 7. December 2013 Nero discussion
A better way to burn Blu Ray disks...than using Nero! 3 30. October 2013 Blu-ray
which version of Nero to get for windows 7 OS ?? 2 26. October 2013 Nero discussion

afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > copy dvd to dvdr > nero 6 nero express "quick burning" feature

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork