User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 19:04
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > announcements > forum announcements > new site feature: hardware section
Show topics

Forums
Forums
New site feature: Hardware section
  Jump to:

Posted Message
I hate titles

35 product reviews
_
6. June 2007 @ 06:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Just wanted to invite people to test our latest project at

http://www.afterdawn.com/hardware/

The whole thing is currently in beta phase, so all feedback, bug reports and improvement suggestions are very welcome.

Petteri Pyyny (pyyny@twitter)
Webmaster
https://AfterDawn.com/
Advertisement
_
__
_
6. June 2007 @ 12:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Really nice Thanks Chris

5 product reviews
_
6. June 2007 @ 15:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Great update! :-)

1 product review
_
7. June 2007 @ 01:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
What a great update. Thanks
relffy
_
1. July 2007 @ 15:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Great up date! wonderful!
AfterDawn Addict

6 product reviews
_
2. July 2007 @ 01:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@dRD

Another great addition to Afterdawn.

I just have a suggestion can we also include other products like Ipods, Game consoles and well the new alternative media players that are out there.

Just an idea.

Edited by DVDBack23

"the mediocre teacher tells. the good teacher explains. the superior teacher demonstrates. the great teacher inspires."- William Aruthur Ward
kolpol9
_
2. July 2007 @ 05:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
irrelevant post edited

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 7. July 2007 @ 10:26

xhardc0re
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
11. July 2007 @ 14:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
A section that lets members post their reviews of miscellaneous hardware, digital cameras, etc. would be very nice. You could reward the members that have the highest quality (or most read) reviews with some special title or something else.

something else = $$$ of course ;)

Also, why doesn't AD use some links to Best Buy, Amazon, Target or other sites? I'm sure you could make a few $ in referrals when members buy something through those sites. Whatever the case, AD continues to rock on.

if you're a college student, do NOT settle with the RIAA http://tinyurl.com/37oz2z

~ SlimPS2 v15US, PSP v3.60FW, TaiyoYuden DVD-R, SwapMagic_v3.6 & BreakerPro 1.1 (No mod)
Writer: HL-DT-ST DVD-RW GWA-4080N 0G03 SW: DVDDecrypt*r,
lastest Nero Ultra 7 & Alcohol 120% ~
I hate titles

35 product reviews
_
14. July 2007 @ 06:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by xhardc0re:
A section that lets members post their reviews of miscellaneous hardware, digital cameras, etc. would be very nice.
Well, the hardware section lets you do that already. Only limitation is currently the number of product categories, but we have plans to extend the reach to cover pretty much all the relevant IT hardware in upcoming months.

Quote:
You could reward the members that have the highest quality (or most read) reviews with some special title or something else.

something else = $$$ of course ;)
I don't believe in rewarding for opinions, even tho some big sites do it. IMO, it poses a problem that some users might post fake reviews of devices they've never even used just to get more of their "opinions" listed there. I personally feel that the best reward is to help others by telling whether the product rocked or sucked :-)

Quote:
Also, why doesn't AD use some links to Best Buy, Amazon, Target or other sites? I'm sure you could make a few $ in referrals when members buy something through those sites. Whatever the case, AD continues to rock on.
We do. In hardware section, the U.S. price data includes more than 100 stores and is provided by our partner services. The UK price data currently includes only handful of sites, but we plan to extend soon-ish the number of UK companies we have the price data from.

Petteri Pyyny (pyyny@twitter)
Webmaster
https://AfterDawn.com/
Advertisement
_
__

_
walt2659
_
22. July 2007 @ 22:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I agree that there shouldn't be any reward other than feeling good about educating someone on the new hardware, so they can make a good decision on what to buy.
afterdawn.com > forums > announcements > forum announcements > new site feature: hardware section

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork