User User name Password  

Tuesday 28.5.2024 / 16:02
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital audio > audio > eac reports no audio cd in drive
Show topics

Forums
Forums
EAC reports no audio CD in drive
  Jump to:

Posted Message
scobb
_
30. July 2002 @ 01:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Sorry if this is a real newbie question, but...

I've installed EAC V0.9B4, with the Lame3.92. I'm running XP Pro, SP1 on a high end P4 with Sony DVD ROM DDU1621 and Aopen CD-RW CRW3248 drives. I chose the default beginner install option for EAC.

My problem is that EAC reports that there is no audio CD in either of my 2 drives. I've tried several different original (not copied) CDs without success. All the options within EAC are greyed out apart from the option to eject the CD. I'm sure there's nothing wrong with my system as WMP can see and play the CDs with no problems.

Has anyone got any idea where I might be going wrong?

Cheers,

Simon
scobb
_
30. July 2002 @ 02:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I did a bit more research on another site's forum and found that the issue is pretty common amongst Windows XP users :-(

For anyone else that has similar problems, follow this link for advice on the solution (in a nutshell, you have to install a different ASPI driver).

http://www.digital-inn.de/showthread.php?threadid=12902

Hope this helps and sorry to have wasted anyone's time.

Cheers,

Simon
afterdawn.com > forums > digital audio > audio > eac reports no audio cd in drive

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork