User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 05:49
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > digital video discussion for linux users > ripping, authoring and burning on linux.
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Ripping, authoring and burning on Linux.
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
7. September 2007 @ 09:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Well, I've been thinking about making the switch from XP to Linux for a while now. As it pertains to this forum and thread, I was wondering if anyone could please recommend some good Linux specific programs for ripping authoring and burning DVDs.
_
7. September 2007 @ 11:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
thread teleported to relevant forum.

i've been using Linux for a few years now but DVD work is something i prefer to use Windows for. have a search thru some of the threads in this forum as some of the guys and girls have done some very good and informative threads on the subject..

Main PC ~ Intel C2Q Q6600 (G0 Stepping)/Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3/2GB Crucial Ballistix PC2-8500/Zalman CNPS9700/Antec 900/Corsair HX 620W
Network ~ DD-WRT ~ 2node WDS-WPA2/AES ~ Buffalo WHR-G54S. 3node WPA2/AES ~ WRT54GS v6 (inc. WEP BSSID), WRT54G v2, WRT54G2 v1. *** Forum Rules ***
deadlove
Suspended permanently
_
10. September 2007 @ 10:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
acid:rip and dvd:author are the easiest to get your head around.

Read all the dvd related stuff for your distro you can find, because it's too hot of a subject for those of us in the know to tell you how to break the copy protection.

Advertisement
_
__

_
neo842
_
29. November 2009 @ 08:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hey buddy I made the switch 3 months ago and I have to be honest I would never even think of switching back to windows. life is so much easier with linux. I choose Linux Mint 7 Gloria and its amazing if wanna make the swith and it comes with dvd burner you name it.

burn the disc pop it in make your you switch your bios to start up from the disc first and it will read the linux disc it will pop up and your can run linux from the disc if you like it you can install it. its a great system to use.

http://www.howtoforge.com/the-perfect-desktop-linux-mint-7-gloria

NEO OUT BABY
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > digital video discussion for linux users > ripping, authoring and burning on linux.

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork