User User name Password  

Monday 29.4.2024 / 00:35
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > resource center > winrar files not extracting correctly
Show topics

Forums
Forums
WINRAR FILES NOT EXTRACTING CORRECTLY
  Jump to:

Posted Message
bofster
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
18. October 2007 @ 16:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have downloaded various films and extracted the WINRAR files no probs which as left me with a WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER file or VIDEO & AUDIO TS FILES of which I have burned okay, BUT I have a few films etc that when I extract the WINRARS no other format seems to appear e.g VIDEO TS ETC, I just get the same old WINRARS !!!!
When I open ConvertXtoDVD the files are not recognised and I am unable to burn to disc.
plse help and advice would be great
_
21. July 2011 @ 07:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by bofster:
I have downloaded various films and extracted the WINRAR files no probs which as left me with a WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER file or VIDEO & AUDIO TS FILES of which I have burned okay, BUT I have a few films etc that when I extract the WINRARS no other format seems to appear e.g VIDEO TS ETC, I just get the same old WINRARS !!!!
When I open ConvertXtoDVD the files are not recognised and I am unable to burn to disc.
I am having a similar problem. When I extact, I just get more WINRARS. It does say it contains a media file but it has (.ts) on the end (e.g., GOM Media file (.ts)) so it is unplayable.

Actually, when I click "View file", WinRAR prompts me for a password.

I tried pasting a pic here but could not figure out the "Add image" function.

I reinstalled WinRAR but that didn't help.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

On Relativity
"In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king." Michael Apostolius, Proverbs (15th C)

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 21. July 2011 @ 08:36

ps355528
_
5. November 2011 @ 06:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
why aren't people getting this simple old problem with winrar? It's been around for at least 15 years!!!!!!.. when installed it selects media files like disk images .iso and .jar as bloody rar files.. stupid microsucks decide you don't need to know a file extension so all you get is a damn pretty picture of a rar file.. go to weinrar file associations (it's in the retarded settings for the program) and unselect all the .iso and .jar and anything else which IS NOT an archive.. then you can see what you have after unpacking.. chances are you lot are unpacking disk images which are ready for burning into their component parts destroying the intent of the uploader to give you a simple "unpack and burn" method.

ARR! Them pesky Navy! Get out of my sea!
irc://irc.villageirc.net/afterdawn http://www.pirateparty.org.uk/

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 5. November 2011 @ 06:02

Advertisement
_
__

_
tanlocmedia
_
4. January 2012 @ 01:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by bofster:
that good idea !

Thanks you so much!!
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > resource center > winrar files not extracting correctly

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork