User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 17:21
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > announcements > forum announcements > afterdawn.com newsletter updated
Show topics

Forums
Forums
AfterDawn.com Newsletter updated
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Admin

9 product reviews
_
2. November 2007 @ 11:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Not particularly a forum announcement, but to spark discussion I decided to post the announcement here in any case.

Today we launched the new version of our weekly newsletter. You should be getting the letter during Friday / Saturday, and we'd very much like to hear what you think!

If you haven't subscribed to the newsletter yet, you can do so at

http://login.afterdawn.com/settings/my_settings.cfm

Jari Ketola
Administrator
http://www.AfterDawn.com
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
2. November 2007 @ 11:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Looking forward to getting it.

I'll let you know what I think :-)
rick5446
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
2. November 2007 @ 15:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I like the new colour..But not to fond of the way the page is layed out.THE Older one to me was more simplistic,and categorized a little better.But old dog am I..Firm believer in QUOTE!!If It Ain't Broke Don't Fix It
padalu
_
2. November 2007 @ 16:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'll go along with Rick there. Not sure if at this point it is anything other than things changing when you were totally happy with the old, but I do know that it is harder to read. I liked the dark print, whereas now you have the light blue for all the links which isn't as easy on the eyes. I'm sure I will get used to it just like all the other stuff we encounter that has been changed "for the better", when the old way was so familiar and comfortable and worked fine and dandy.
programmr
_
2. November 2007 @ 21:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Finally something that isn't but-ugly
no honestly, the old one was OK but the new one is more appealing to the eyes

This is my siggy
What were you expecting, a monkey?
Oh fine <(^-^)>
FXEF
_
2. November 2007 @ 21:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The new newsletter look is great. Easy on the eyes and a more professional look. Keep it coming!
Joewho
_
2. November 2007 @ 22:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks AfterDawn,
I like your new newsletter format, more open, simpler to read.

Joewho
jay4
_
3. November 2007 @ 05:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
the new newsletter gets the thumbs up for me.
i like it far more than the old one.
easier to read, and seems less cluttered.
good job on this one guys!
regards
jay4

jay
_
3. November 2007 @ 05:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ok tnx for the new news letter look weekly .looks good 2 me much easyer 2 get around it layout much better 2 me like the feel great ..but the old 1 was ok as well ..but this 1 better 4 me 2 read

((( If you have knowledge, let others light their candles in it. )))

"We are here to add what we can to life, not to get what we can from life."
AfterDawn Addict
_
3. November 2007 @ 07:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Ripper:
Looking forward to getting it.

I'll let you know what I think :-)
Yeah, good job.

Nice one aD.
DADEO1
_
3. November 2007 @ 10:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Way easier on these old eyes.I give it a bunch of thumbs up.

1 product review
_
3. November 2007 @ 20:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
gojet

edit your sig to comply with forum rules.

Quote:
Signatures

These rules exist to make viewing the forum as pleasant as possible to all users. Even though you might think signatures with large pictures look cool, some might find them extremely annoying.

1. Text-only signatures should have at most 5 lines of text.

2. An image-only signature should be less than 50kb in size, and be at most 500 pixels wide and 200 pixels tall.

3. If you use an animated picture in the signature, it should not be too distractive. Eg. blinking images or images with quick movement are not allowed.

4. If you want to use both text and image in your signature the image should not be more than 500 pixels wide and 100 pixels tall, and you can use up to three lines of text.

5. All the abovementioned rules for forum posts apply also to the signatures.

Violation of these rules does not lead to an immediate ban. However if requested user must edit his or her signature to fit these guidelines.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 3. November 2007 @ 21:00

_
3. November 2007 @ 22:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Looking good, so far as it goes. It is still just an announcement, newsletter. Have to say I love all the info!!!!!!!!!!!!
Keep it coming!!!!
AfterDawn Addict

3 product reviews
_
5. November 2007 @ 09:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Definately more appealing and better color scheme. Layout...i prefer the old school on this one. It'll just take some getting used to.

Good stuff all in all.

1 product review
_
6. November 2007 @ 04:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
A whole lot better! Easier to understand and includes some new content.
Admin

9 product reviews
_
8. November 2007 @ 08:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thank you for all the feedback! Especially critique is welcome -- it's hard to make anything better if no-one tells you what you're doing wrong. ;-)

The link color received some criticism from several readers. It was actually the default HTML blue link color, but we've made it a bit darker. Hopefully that'll make the contrast better and the newsletter easier to the eyes.

We've also received a lot of feedback via email. Thanks go out for all the praises and suggestions. Overall the feedback has been positive, so I guess the change was mostly for the better!

If you don't subscribe to our newsletter (yet) and are curious as to what the fuss is about, click below to view last week's edition.

http://www.afterdawn.com/general/newsletter.cfm?newsletter_id=166

Jari Ketola
Administrator
http://www.AfterDawn.com

1 product review
_
8. November 2007 @ 16:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Much better aD.

triber
_
9. November 2007 @ 02:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks to replies to previous question I have had a lot of success burning DVDs. But suddenly when I try to do so I get a dialog box that says "There is not enough free space on drive C" Any suggestions in simple language please as I am not computer literate.
TRAVELMGR
_
29. November 2007 @ 02:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Just happen to be checking some back Newsletters and saw your question. Did you finally get an answer?
triber
_
29. November 2007 @ 23:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
To TRAVELMGR.
I did. The answer was to open my "C" drive then from File drop down menu open a new folder and name it. I called mine DVDMovies.
When DVDFAB asks for target I type C:\DVDMovies. Use DVDshrink for burning, from Open Files menu select DVDMovies folder.

1 product review
_
29. November 2007 @ 23:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
This thread/subforum is for the news and announcments, in particular the new AD newsletter...lets keep discussion on track and the help should stay in the appropriate forum.

steindub
_
30. November 2007 @ 15:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hi can some one tell me the price of the euro vox max v and do i have to order 4 of them

1 product review
_
30. November 2007 @ 16:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
steindub, wrong forum. Try the hardware tab above.

stacymrn
_
18. December 2007 @ 01:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
It's me the innovation Registered Nurse girl. I have found the site before December 31st. Now E-mail me to let me know what to do next because to much information on internet right now.
Advertisement
_
__

_
AfterDawn Addict
_
18. December 2007 @ 13:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by stacymrn:
It's me the innovation Registered Nurse girl. I have found the site before December 31st. Now E-mail me to let me know what to do next because to much information on internet right now.
And another one flies over the cuckoo's nest..
afterdawn.com > forums > announcements > forum announcements > afterdawn.com newsletter updated

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork