User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 11:12
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > dvd2one forum > compression necessary for burning to dual layer?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Compression necessary for burning to Dual Layer?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
jwnulife
_
15. December 2007 @ 12:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Have a question about DVD2One. I am attempting to burn a 4 hour film on to a dual layer disc but I think the size of the film is slightly beyond the capacity of the dual layer disc itself (slightly over the 8.6 gigs or whatever is standard for DL). So I have no choice but to compress the film slightly so that it fits right? If so, how to I get around the option where DVD2One automatically defaults the compression output to fit a standard 4.6 single layer dvd? Is there a way have it output to dual layer capacity? I don't want to compress it THAT much because it would produce a very poor quality film!
Advertisement
_
__

1 product review
_
15. December 2007 @ 19:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Choose "DVD-9" as your target output size....I'm not sitting in front of my PC and don't have access to the program to tell you exactly where you will find this option so just look around.

AfterDawn Addict

1 product review
_
28. December 2007 @ 04:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by jwnulife:
Have a question about DVD2One. I am attempting to burn a 4 hour film on to a dual layer disc but I think the size of the film is slightly beyond the capacity of the dual layer disc itself (slightly over the 8.6 gigs or whatever is standard for DL). So I have no choice but to compress the film slightly so that it fits right? If so, how to I get around the option where DVD2One automatically defaults the compression output to fit a standard 4.6 single layer dvd? Is there a way have it output to dual layer capacity? I don't want to compress it THAT much because it would produce a very poor quality film!

Use dvd shrink if possible in custom size mode if possible and burn with imgburn , free from www.imgburn.com

"The flimsier the product,the higher the price"
Ferengi 82nd rule of aqusition

AfterDawn Addict

1 product review
_
6. January 2008 @ 23:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If it is slightly over the limit, you should be able to remove some audio traks for example, like the DTS that is probably close to 500mb, and any foreign languages that you don't care about, and you might not need to compress at all.

Piss me off, and I Will ignore You!
Amir89
_
10. January 2008 @ 07:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Follow Cyprus's advice. If it's only a couple of 100 meg over the limit, then getting rid of subtitles, unnecessary audio tracks (Eg: Director's Commentary) and extras should do the trick.

If you just want to compress the video and keep everything intact, then use DVDShrink and set the target output to DVD9 and that should do it.

osteotome
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
22. July 2008 @ 04:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
What happened to the OP ? Did the OP get the problem solved ?

"Sony Rocks !"
AfterDawn Addict
_
20. April 2009 @ 18:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Amir89:
Follow Cyprus's advice. If it's only a couple of 100 meg over the limit, then getting rid of subtitles, unnecessary audio tracks (Eg: Director's Commentary) and extras should do the trick.

If you just want to compress the video and keep everything intact, then use DVDShrink and set the target output to DVD9 and that should do it.

Why go to Shrink? DVD2One is a good, mature program that can easily accomplish what the OP wants to do.

Look in Settings:

Looking for a new burner? Check here.
http://www.cdfreaks.com/reviews/
The reviews also help to determine which media gives the best results.
AfterDawn Addict

1 product review
_
20. April 2009 @ 18:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Why revive threads that are 1 year old? Just curious...
And now to answer your question...some specific reason, mostly personal preference. Never used DVD2one, so don't know if it has the capability to remove subtitles, audio tracks, credits... As solid as it might be, I bet it cannot beat DVD Shrink. DVD2one it is not free. Some people might not be aware of DVD Shrink and try to "acquire" a key, when in fact there's no reason to do so.

AfterDawn Addict
_
20. April 2009 @ 19:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
Why revive threads that are 1 year old? Just curious...

LOL, didn't notice, picked it off the main page I think.

Quote:
Never used DVD2one,

But this is the DVD2one forum... whether it's free makes no difference if folks using it need help.

Oh well.

Looking for a new burner? Check here.
http://www.cdfreaks.com/reviews/
The reviews also help to determine which media gives the best results.
Advertisement
_
__

_
AfterDawn Addict

1 product review
_
20. April 2009 @ 19:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by MysticE:
But this is the DVD2one forum... whether it's free makes no difference if folks using it need help.

Oh well.
True enough...probably didn't even notice what forum the thread was in, the first time I answered...

Anyhow, if anyone wants to pay for a software or bother "finding" one that can do exactly what a very good free DVD Shrink can do, cannot help. Not familiar with it, and this time not even curious to try it just for fun.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 20. April 2009 @ 19:19

afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > dvd2one forum > compression necessary for burning to dual layer?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork