User User name Password  

Sunday 9.6.2024 / 20:51
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > announcements > news comments > microsoft sells 4.3 million xbox 360 units in last quarter of 2007
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Microsoft sells 4.3 million Xbox 360 units in last quarter of 2007
  Jump to:

The following comments relate to this news article:

Microsoft sells 4.3 million Xbox 360 units in last quarter of 2007

article published on 4 January, 2008

Microsoft Corp. is touting impressive sales performance for the Xbox 360 console over the last three months of 2007. The Redmond-based software giant moved 4.3 million units over the fourth quarter of the year following excellent performances of titles such as Halo 3 and Mass Effect. This brings the total number of Xbox 360 consoles sold to 17.7 million since its November 2005 debut according ... [ read the full article ]

Please read the original article before posting your comments.
Posted Message
Page:12Next >
lxhotboy
_
4. January 2008 @ 23:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I was one of those statitics. I have always been a Sony follower but the ps3 is overpriced, doesnot have a great lineup of exclusives at this time. Here is another member turned over to the X. Still love Sony but 2008 is the year they need to relate with the software titles.
Advertisement
_
__
vinny13
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
5. January 2008 @ 00:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by lxhotboy:
I was one of those statitics. I have always been a Sony follower but the ps3 is overpriced, doesnot have a great lineup of exclusives at this time. Here is another member turned over to the X. Still love Sony but 2008 is the year they need to relate with the software titles.
It's too bad they sucked you in :( Sony has an awesome line-up this year.

Personally I don't like the 360 because it always burns my cookies! I just don't know what to do anymore :P

And my friend got Mass Effect for Christmas... He said he didn't really like it. If Halo 3 didn't have online then I don't know what would happen. I and many others think it was the worst campain yet. It was ok, but it deffinatly did not live up to all of the hype. The ending was bad, but there'll deffinatly be another Halo in 2009 or 2010. It just won't be called Halo and it would most likely be multi-platform. He can't just sleep in a stupid pod forever, right?

And what's left is GoW2. I didn't like the first(I just don't like it), but hopefully the second one can live up to the hype IT has, as I'm sure there will be lots.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 5. January 2008 @ 00:46

b18bek9

1 product review
_
5. January 2008 @ 04:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
basicly i liek the 360 for the better online capability tho the last couple week has been pretty crappy figuring the last update gave alot of ppl slow loading times. Other then that its been a pretty good system tho i do rarely play ps3 games right now i know they have a few good up coming games that are ps3 only.
_
5. January 2008 @ 09:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I used to enjoy my 360 before now its been on the back burner. I enjoy mu ps3 a lot more these days. I was a loyal so fan at one point but have moved to a multi system approach. The 360 has some strengths but it doesnt hold my attention and never really has. Its always been my hold over system. As long as Sony keeps pushing out titles thats what im playing.
IM1
_
5. January 2008 @ 09:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I dont understand, xbox 360 has got sooo many problems with and still there kicking sony's ass.

I wish I kept on saving till I got enough money for the PS3 instead of getting this pile of junk. Only after a month its starts giving me the three red lights!
_
5. January 2008 @ 10:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have no loyalty toward any console company in particular, well o.k. maybe the big N. But I must admit that I enjoy my 360 even more than my Wii (I'll go to hell for admitting that!). I haven't played the PS3 but with many of the games ending up multiplatform, either immediately or at some later undisclosed date, I don't see anything that would compel me to spend the money. I've had my 360 since 12/06 and have had no problems yet [crosses fingers, knocks on wood, finds four leaf clover, rubs horse shoe]. So 30% of 360's have problems - that's a "glass is half empty" attitude. Look at it this way, 70% of us have healthy consoles, lol!

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 5. January 2008 @ 10:23

_
5. January 2008 @ 11:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I wonder went Sony going to release there numbers because they claim they outsold 360 this holiday season.I can't wait to see the numbers.
gtaUK
_
5. January 2008 @ 12:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by NexGen76:
I wonder went Sony going to release there numbers because they claim they outsold 360 this holiday season.I can't wait to see the numbers.

where did they say that?
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
5. January 2008 @ 16:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Quote:
Originally posted by lxhotboy:
It's too bad they sucked you in :( Sony has an awesome line-up this year.

Personally I don't like the 360 because it always burns my cookies! I just don't know what to do anymore :P

And my friend got Mass Effect for Christmas... He said he didn't really like it. If Halo 3 didn't have online then I don't know what would happen. I and many others think it was the worst campain yet. It was ok, but it deffinatly did not live up to all of the hype. The ending was bad, but there'll deffinatly be another Halo in 2009 or 2010. It just won't be called Halo and it would most likely be multi-platform. He can't just sleep in a stupid pod forever, right?

And what's left is GoW2. I didn't like the first(I just don't like it), but hopefully the second one can live up to the hype IT has, as I'm sure there will be lots.
Its only awesome if you like recanned rehashed titles with a shiny glossy coat coving the spam within....ok so its not that bad but its not better/worse than the 360.

When sony realizes they ned to unlock the control scheme and let people reconfigure input to anythign they want they will automatically be better than the rest and thats counting PC but without coherent choices for pad/mouse/keyboard and button mapping blah they can keep their premium cookie cutter..the same can be said for the 360 and sadly the WII....once you hit tis innovation cliff its a long way down....
vinny13
_
5. January 2008 @ 17:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
And that's why God made Hackers.
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
5. January 2008 @ 17:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by vinny13:
And that's why God made Hackers.
And the hackers are focusing on everything else....acuatly the peripheral makers should pick up the slack but the devices are non exsistant or cheaply made for 3 times more they want for it..
DoomLight
_
5. January 2008 @ 18:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i agree. the Wii will soon reach its innovation peak and become another redone Gamecube that a few buttons and can shake like a light saber.

xbox360 which i own. seems to be not letting me down. lets keep it that way microsoft.

ps3. not even metal gear 4 will save that thing. it just doesnt have the spark PS2 did.
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
5. January 2008 @ 18:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by DoomLight:
i agree. the Wii will soon reach its innovation peak and become another redone Gamecube that a few buttons and can shake like a light saber.

xbox360 which i own. seems to be not letting me down. lets keep it that way microsoft.

ps3. not even metal gear 4 will save that thing. it just doesnt have the spark PS2 did.
Acautly the WII has already hit its innovation peak it still has momentum and from a mainstream gadget standpoint will do well but as a game machine the add on control scheme is flawed and limited the emulation is limited and they refuse to give consumers control over the control so its throughly limited itself to whatever devs will slop out for it which is not enough to sustain it since its being treated as a 2ndry platform.

The 360 is the center piece for gaming as far as games goes even if half of the main sellers are on the PC but still tis hardware issues are sad.Looking at the 360s issues and the PS3s issues they are virauly the same in nearly all respects outside of the more polished hardware on the PS3, the PS3 is building its libary and the games are starting to be more optimized and as MS drags the 360's issues out for as long as they can they are just building up the PS3's potential to overtake it in 2-3 years.

I hate and love all the systems they have good and bad things about them I am also game nazi it was a sad day wen I realized the WII is not getting a lot of dev support, the PS3 and 360 is where tis at and even they are just barely doing it.....
_
5. January 2008 @ 19:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Sony and microsoft are both "evil empires" the Wii is cool, but more a system you play with your wife/girlfriend, or at a party.
So to me, its a choice between a sharp stick in the eye, or a swift kick in the balls. The kick in the balls hurts more, but the sharp stick in the eye can cause permanent damage.
That being said, I will stick with the 360. i allready got my ring of death, and sent it in for a replacement. free of charge, not even shipping. When these things get hacked to bits(they will), we will find the 360 is the more useful alternative. and who can really argue with xbox live?
Take your kick in the balls, support the american evil empire, live with your 2 weeks off(when you get ring of death) and stick with the 360.
_
5. January 2008 @ 19:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
IMO, the PS3 would have more potential than the 360 if it were hacked...It just has a lot more stuff that you can fool around with.
vinny13
_
5. January 2008 @ 19:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by philzone:
Sony and microsoft are both "evil empires" the Wii is cool, but more a system you play with your wife/girlfriend, or at a party.
So to me, its a choice between a sharp stick in the eye, or a swift kick in the balls. The kick in the balls hurts more, but the sharp stick in the eye can cause permanent damage.
That being said, I will stick with the 360. i allready got my ring of death, and sent it in for a replacement. free of charge, not even shipping. When these things get hacked to bits(they will), we will find the 360 is the more useful alternative. and who can really argue with xbox live?
Take your kick in the balls, support the american evil empire, live with your 2 weeks off(when you get ring of death) and stick with the 360.
It's nice to know you got kicked in the balls 3 times. Once one you bought it and another when it broke, and yet another when they gave it back to you.

When the PS3 gets hacked to bits everybody will be throwing their 360s in the garbage... I have absolutely no idea where you get the 360 is more useful.

Who can argue with XBL? I can, don't you warry. Who wants to pay to play with a bunch of racist 2-year-olds? Lets just throw in some frustrating lag and we can make some cookies off the RRoD.

Only 2 weeks? You must be lucky! My friends was out for 6, and thats just when he recieved the box to send it in!

:)
_
5. January 2008 @ 19:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Spoken like a true"playstationized" person... Yes, the ps1 was great, but that was a long time ago. its over. When i say hacked to bits, i mean look at xbox vs ps2, the xbox is the best multimedia interface ever created(after modding). its "pc like" hardware makes it a much more versatile machine. I watch youtube on mine, and display song lyrics, as i stream 150gb of music to my home entertainment center. using media buttons/functions that i created for my own use, and programmed into my universal remote, and keyboard.
With recently added mpeg4 support to an allready built-in media interface, the 360 is well on its way to being far more useful.
Any xbox online play crushes anything sony can offer. i would rather play online againsed 2 yr olds(or the vast # of friends i have amassed), than noone at all. plus, the sony controller is garbage.
and um.... Halo. (blu-ray is the next beta-max player)
glasssd
_
5. January 2008 @ 19:49 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Seams you all have already tried the BataMax argument with HD DVD and Blu-Ray. See where that got ya.
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
5. January 2008 @ 20:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Spoken like a true"playstationized" person... Yes, the ps1 was great, but that was a long time ago. its over. When i say hacked to bits, i mean look at xbox vs ps2, the xbox is the best multimedia interface ever created(after modding). its "pc like" hardware makes it a much more versatile machine. I watch youtube on mine, and display song lyrics, as i stream 150gb of music to my home entertainment center. using media buttons/functions that i created for my own use, and programmed into my universal remote, and keyboard.
With recently added mpeg4 support to an allready built-in media interface, the 360 is well on its way to being far more useful.
Any xbox online play crushes anything sony can offer. i would rather play online againsed 2 yr olds(or the vast # of friends i have amassed), than noone at all. plus, the sony controller is garbage.
and um.... Halo. (blu-ray is the next beta-max player)
and the PS2 was better.... you doubt it not in terms of the shear amount of games and sales, the Xbox is a lot like the PSP its a great multi device one hacked but the games for it suck, the 360 has contentiued that with more PC titles bought off to be 360 exscluzie.

And look at why live is good while you are at it 5+ years of pay for content to hone and polish its service of coarse PSN is not there yet but they will be there in 2 years and for free on top of that and lets not forget MS fianly showing some sense and putting the B/W buttons as shoulder triggers following the nearly flawless design of the dual shock controller, don't get me wrong the Dual shock design is nearly perfect but for 1 thing the analog sticks could be stiffer the saxaiss is a cute gimmick but thats all it is.

Don't be a fan boy the PS3 has a lot of promise in it as dose the 360 if they ever get it fixed and upgraded.

Copyright infringement is nothing more than civil disobedience to a bad set of laws. Lets renegotiate them.
_
5. January 2008 @ 20:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Sorry if i came across as pricky, or argumentative. this is all opinion really, and you know what they say about opinions...
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
5. January 2008 @ 20:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Sorry if i came across as pricky, or argumentative. this is all opinion really, and you know what they say about opinions...
naw you came off as an arse but then I do most of the time too and BTW Poo makers stink :P

LOL

with MS doing nothing to fix the 360 issues the 60GB PS3 unit is the better deal at under 400 main reason is the hardware dose not eat itself 2nd reason more coherent nature of the Hdef spec and features or BR if you like movies 3rd would be games, the 360 has games as tis first reason and and online crap if you want to pay for it, the 360 is damaged most by its hardware issues and the 50$ a year to live, I really hope PSH will break live and force them to make it free.

Copyright infringement is nothing more than civil disobedience to a bad set of laws. Lets renegotiate them.
_
5. January 2008 @ 20:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
what do you mean by poo markers?
Apologies for my arseness... its in my nature.
free live would be super cool, but i dont foresee it anytime soon.
the 360 hardware issue is the kick in the balls, but it is fixed. they have acknowledged the issue, fixed it, and have extended the warranty long term(without sales receipt). they send you a new box.
As i said, they are both evil empires, and i hate them both. but for my needs, the 360 has more upside
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
5. January 2008 @ 20:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
what do you mean by poo markers?
Apologies for my arseness... its in my nature.
free live would be super cool, but i dont foresee it anytime soon.
the 360 hardware issue is the kick in the balls, but it is fixed. they have acknowledged the issue, fixed it, and have extended the warranty long term(without sales receipt). they send you a new box.
As i said, they are both evil empires, and i hate them both. but for my needs, the 360 has more upside
opinion makers are poo makers too :P

Its not been fixed new 360s still fail new drives still eat discs this is a fact however tis not at the 30% of old its still enough of a issue, once they get the 65NM gpus out that should turely end the overheating issues fully as for drive issues well...they need to stop using crap cheap noisy drives...

gtaUK
_
5. January 2008 @ 21:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i have a ps3 and am a bit of a fanboy but im pretty sure home isn't going to win over live by itself but i'm not saying it wont be good and i like the way that they are getting you to interact with people around the world to play games etc. instead of clicking through pages and joining games but still home won't take down live and ms certainly won't make it free as paying for it keeps the dedicated servers so 360 players can play online and that is why so many people like it because there will always be a server to play on as long as it is bbeing payed for bby the users... it's a bit like taxes lol some go into the pockets of ms annd the rest goes to live etc. Yes some people can't afford it or just unfortunate enough not being able to get it as they could be children and this is were the psn comes in as it is free and anyone can use it so both have there advantages and disadvantages...
Advertisement
_
__

_
_
5. January 2008 @ 21:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
opinions are like ass-holes... everyones got one.
I'll give you the crappy, noisy drive thing, but stand by my other points.
As far as a gaming machine, its a tossup, though i like the the xbox controller better, and halo. but i look at the "hackability" by that i mean, what else can this machine do for me?(aside from inserting my manhood into it)

Page:12Next >
Related links
Download Xbox 360 trailers from AfterDawn's gaming site

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
Microsoft finally discontinues Xbox 360 1 22. April 2016 News comments
Motorola unveils new series of Moto 360 smartwatches 2 5. September 2015 News comments
Microsoft makes 'Forza Horizon 2: Presents Fast & Furious' free for Xbox One, Xbox 360 7 31. March 2015 News comments
Moto 360 coming soon in gold and with a new leather band? 1 1. November 2014 News comments
Buying 'Destiny' for PS3, Xbox 360? Bungie giving vouchers to upgrade to current gen for free 1 8. September 2014 News comments
Best Buy leaks Motorola Moto 360 price, specs, features 1 18. August 2014 News comments
Google shows off prototypes of Moto 360 and LG G Watch 4 4. June 2014 News comments
Xbox 360 FLASH MOD HELP 6 2. June 2014 Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking
Dismantled my 360 to repair Disk Drive - Now Controllers won't sync (wired & wireless) 3 1. June 2014 Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking
Have 60GB hard drive on original 360, can put bigger hard drive in 60GB casing? 8 10. May 2014 Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking

afterdawn.com > forums > announcements > news comments > microsoft sells 4.3 million xbox 360 units in last quarter of 2007

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork