User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 13:15
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > resource center > all about .cnf and system files
Show topics

Forums
Forums
All about .cnf and system files
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Cronolink
_
25. January 2008 @ 21:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have a .cnf file which at one criteria needs a path for a .jpg.....is there a code that will alow me to insert multiple files and somehow randomize them...Thank you

シ ヨーン
varnull
Suspended permanently
_
29. January 2008 @ 07:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
You can use an "include" statement and a path to a directory.. maybe with a randomizer subroutine also. Or more elegantly call what appears to be a random table, which is actually just a list. That speeds up the process.. I don't know if these files will allow variables/strings to be used. It's always risky calling a randomizer function from a boot file, prone to crashing and slow... can't remember how to increment the function return, and save it.. This is more in the realms of C++ than just simple file editing. I'm just assuming you are trying to make a "different every time" splash screen for a program? They aren't randomized for a reason, but I'm not sure what it is.

http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~lazzaro/chip...g/ref/ref2.html

You should be able to work it out from that ;)
Cronolink
_
30. January 2008 @ 20:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
thank you....your right about the different spash screen. Its just my ulaunnchelf(homebrew program for ps2)I want to costomize while learning something useful that i could probably apply to it

シ ヨーン
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > resource center > all about .cnf and system files

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork