User User name Password  

Monday 10.6.2024 / 14:54
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video capturing from analog sources > capture problems with asus 9600xt
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Capture problems with Asus 9600XT
  Jump to:

Posted Message
reckless
_
3. January 2004 @ 13:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have this card and I am using the S-Video in connected to my satellite receiver (Bell ExpressVu) and the audio connected to my Line In on my DFI NFII Ultra Infinity motherboard, which uses the onboard MCP-T chipset (Soundstorm) audio. I did a fresh of WinXP Pro, then install the nForce 3.13 chipset drivers, then my video card drivers. (I use the Catalyst 3.10 Drivers). I then have tried V-Dub to capture using PicVideo MJPEG codec @20 Quality, 720x480, 29fps, Audio 44Khz stereo. I have shutdown everything I can and I still am getting dropped frames, and quite alot too.
I have also tried iuvcr, ulead videostudio 7, PowerVCR II, Mainconcept 1.4. I can't get any of them to work @ 720x480.
I want to capture then burn to dvdr.
My system specs are AMD @ 2 GHz, 512 DDR, a dedicated Seagate SATA 120GB 7200 drive for capturing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Minion
AfterDawn Addict
_
4. January 2004 @ 15:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Moove the Quality of the PicVideo codec down to 19 and that should help quite a Lot...When Useing Virtual Dub it Intentionally Drops Frames as to keep Time with the Audio..Capture Cards and Sound Cards Capture useing seperate Time Clocks which aren"t exactly the Same so V-Dub drops Frames or adds Frames so it can keep Time with the Audio so if the Frame Drops seep to be happening in a Pattern like One or Two every Minute or any Pattern at all then that is Probably the Reason.....Cheers

P-4 2.6ghz (Overclocked to 3.2ghz)
Abit IS7
1gb Dual Chanell DDR 400mhz
Zalman CNPS7000-CU Cooler(Modded with 50cfm Fan)
XFX Gforce 6600GT 128mb GDDR3 (500/1000)
Pinnacle DV500 ADVC Editing Card
RaidMax Scorpio ATX Case + 5 Led
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video capturing from analog sources > capture problems with asus 9600xt

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork