User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 19:36
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > resource center > crc check failed errors?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
CRC Check failed errors?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
CVille
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
26. April 2008 @ 22:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I try to extract a file that is in multiple files like 72. I have to extract them all in order to compile the .iso . Well it keeps giving me a CRC failed error saying the volume is corrupt on only a few files. what could be causing this? I have tried everything does anyone know how to fix this?
varnull
Suspended permanently
_
27. April 2008 @ 11:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Faulty files.. simple. The archive is corrupt. Try downloading just the faulty parts again.
CVille
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
27. April 2008 @ 19:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Finally got it to work after dling from three sites and about ten tries later. Is there any reason why I would be having such a big problem or is it just the luck of the draw?
Advertisement
_
__

_
varnull
Suspended permanently
_
27. April 2008 @ 20:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Luck of the draw I'm afraid. Sometimes you can attempt to repair broken, but I didn't suggest that because I have had no success with large archives.

Did you d/l the whole thing again, or just the damaged parts? Most torrent apps allow you to just take the files you want.

Possibly you should check that your torrent application actually checks the files on completion. Some do, some don't. It's one of the prices we pay for "free" stuff sometimes.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 27. April 2008 @ 20:05

afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > resource center > crc check failed errors?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork