User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 23:13
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > cd-r(w) media > is every cd-r in the stores made by cmc mag , what is the deal
Show topics

Forums
Forums
is every cd-r in the stores made by cmc mag , what is the deal
  Jump to:

Posted Message
dvdman101
_
30. July 2008 @ 22:41 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hi ,

i have bought every cd-r that wal-mart , k-mart , radio shack and anywere else i can find -

memorex
maxell
fuji
phillips
tdk

they are coding out cmc mag , and daxon which is bad also i understand , why is all the cd-r brand's going cmc mag as they seem to be the worst . is the phillips cd-r cmc mag bad disc to use , i am lost as why they are all going to cmc mag to produce their cd-r
Advertisement
_
__
varnull
Suspended permanently
_
31. July 2008 @ 00:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
cmc cd-r are ok.. not as good as some branded disks, but fine for most uses..

Last verb cd-r I saw were a mix of cmc's and moser-baer which were very slightly better, but not much.

The trouble with your selection is this.. All those brands are well known for sourcing B media and printing their name on it... though the last Philips I saw were optodisk manufacture and superb.

I have been using Gigatain recently as they seem to be good disks.. mine are again optodisk.. they seem to be a pretty good source. Samsung8xdvd-r disks from them were OK, but the 16x are moser-baer and junk.. damn!

Don't worry too much with cd-r disk brands.. I have cmc made datawrites which are fine 8 years on.. Old formula.. nice and stable if you keep them carefully.
AfterDawn Addict

4 product reviews
_
5. August 2008 @ 09:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i must agree also. the cmc mag in CD-R format are good media. ive been useing memorex cd-r's for the past 3 years and have not had 1 failure. even the first cd-r i tried burning were cmcmag and it still plays to this day.
iwouldnt worry to much about them being cmc mag. but yes stay away from them in the dvd-/+r format
AfterDawn Addict

3 product reviews
_
12. August 2008 @ 17:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Could not agree more with the people here: especially on this note:

Quote:
yes stay away from them in the dvd-/+r format

AfterDawn Addict

1 product review
_
13. August 2008 @ 03:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Did you all miss the announcement

Quote:
The Grand magus of the Ferengi, proclaims once and for all time, that we, the Ferengi, Are CMC-Mag !!

"The flimsier the product,the higher the price"
Ferengi 82nd rule of aqusition

1bonehead
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
13. August 2008 @ 07:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by iluvendo:
Did you all miss the announcement

Quote:
The Grand magus of the Ferengi, proclaims once and for all time, that we, the Ferengi, Are CMC-Mag !!

I thought everyone knew this !!! (LOL)

The BPI Are: SONY, UNIVERSAL, WARNER GROUP, EMI.
The RIAA Soundexchange Are: SONY, UNIVERSAL, WARNER GROUP, EMI.
The IFPI Are: The same anti consumer lot as listed above!
The MPAA Are: SONY, UNIVERSAL, WARNER GROUP, DISNEY, PARAMOUNT, FOX.
varnull
Suspended permanently
_
14. August 2008 @ 07:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
My ears mustn't be big enough XD
_
30. August 2008 @ 12:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Walmart has 50pk of sony cd-r's for 12 bucks...

Laptop- AMD Athlon X2 64 @1.9ghz, 4gb ddr2 @667mhz, 120 gb hdd, nVidia GeForce 8200m, 8x DVD-DL Burner, 15.4" widescreen, Windows 7 Ultimate
V9 PS2 with clear blue fliptop& swapmagic 3.6
iPhone 3G 8GB OS 3.0 Jailbroken w/ MMS and Tethering Enabled
30gb Black Video iPod
rqb2001
_
14. December 2008 @ 11:16 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If you can find Maxell Pro cdr's, get them because thye code out to be Tayo Yuden.
JoeRyan
_
17. December 2008 @ 10:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Maxell Pro/Taiyo Yuden CD-Rs may be the best quality CD-Rs produced today, but: 1) they tend to be more expensive than other CD-Rs, and 2) the dye used in them is less stable than that of most other CD-Rs. The difference in quality is negligible: it is more a question of production uniformity than of single-disc quality parameters. That is, you are less likely to find a problem disc for every 1,000 discs in a Taiyo Yuden batch than in a batch produced by CMC, Ritek, Prodisc, or MBI; but you would have to go through tens of thousands of discs to confirm that. On the other hand, the dye used by the others is more stable in light and heat and ought to last four times longer if recordings are of high initial quality.
tafkas
_
13. January 2009 @ 23:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I've had nothing but problems with CMC mag CDRs and refuse to buy them. Testing them for errors after writing at various speeds, from different drives, they all have wayyyy too many errors for me :-P
bratcher
_
16. January 2009 @ 12:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ridata (Ritek) CDR's are still made in Tiawan. Microcenter stopped carrying all Ritek media in the stores & replaced it with Philips. The Philips DVD's are CMC while the Philips CDR's say made in China on the wrapper. As I have no experience with made in China CD's I'll stay with Ritek, Verbatim or Tayio Yuden.
Advertisement
_
__

_
tmh62265
_
13. February 2009 @ 17:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
There are 3 major manufacturers of CDR media in the world - CMC, Ritek & Moser Biar out of India. Taiyo Yuden was the first maker of the media but does not produce much any longer. CMC supplies the major brands the media - brands such as TDK, Memorex, Imation as well as many of the private label brands in the market which is why you see most of the media with CMC tag. NOTE: TDK & Memorex brands are ownded by Imation.
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > cd-r(w) media > is every cd-r in the stores made by cmc mag , what is the deal

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork