User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 19:15
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > mobile devices > motorola > tutorial: making mp3 ringtones
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Tutorial: making mp3 ringtones
  Jump to:

Posted Message
poolpro
_
6. December 2007 @ 21:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have the new Razr 2 V9M for Sprint and was wondering what file formats it supports because I want to transfer ringers to my phone. What do I need to do all this? I have the Micro USB data cable.What else do I need?
Advertisement
_
__
_
12. December 2007 @ 00:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ok everyone, I need some help. I just bought motorola KRZR and Am trying to make my mp3 songs as a ringtone. The problem is, it won't let me. I can play and listen to them in my phone but can't set it as the main ringtone. I even moved the mp3 file to my phone memory (coming from the memory card) I dunno what the problem is but I know for sure that it should show some kind of option that would let me apply it as my ringtone.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE :D
_
13. December 2007 @ 00:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Schwaber:
Ok everyone, I need some help. I just bought motorola KRZR and Am trying to make my mp3 songs as a ringtone. The problem is, it won't let me. I can play and listen to them in my phone but can't set it as the main ringtone. I even moved the mp3 file to my phone memory (coming from the memory card) I dunno what the problem is but I know for sure that it should show some kind of option that would let me apply it as my ringtone.

Your phone may have a maximum MP3 length for ringtones. Some phones require an MP3 to be less than a maximum length, such as 30 seconds, to apply it as a ringtone.

Doesnt expecting the unexpected make the unexpected expected and therefore mean youre expecting the expected which was the unexpected until you expected it?
"Opinions are immunities to being told were wrong." - Relient K
_
19. December 2007 @ 22:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by WierdName:
Originally posted by Schwaber:

Your phone may have a maximum MP3 length for ringtones. Some phones require an MP3 to be less than a maximum length, such as 30 seconds, to apply it as a ringtone.
Even still. I tried putting a 30sec song(edited using Audacity) and I still can't use it as my ringtone...
_
29. December 2007 @ 16:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have a Moto v325. I followed the directions and emailed the finished ring tone to my cell via verizon's mms gateway. I received the text message on my phone but now I don't know what to do. How do I access the attachment so that I can use it as a ring tone?

1 product review
_
9. January 2008 @ 18:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Will this work with the Razr 2 V9M?
1aron
Inactive
_
5. February 2008 @ 21:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
After Googling, Sprint forums with no replys, and many Days on the net, I have come to the conclusion that about all I'm going to be able to do with the Data cable is up-load pictures to and from phone to computer and vise versa.
I thought I was going to be able to create and upload Ring tone to the phone from the computer , already made My Voice Tones, I hate music tones.
The Voice tones I made starts with a classic phone ringing, then the Voice says ,Bobby calling from home, I have made up enough to cover all My contacts.
And now I don't think I will be able to use the cable to upload them to the phone. Because of no software for the i850.
Going to have to rack My pea brain on the net trying to see if there is another way without bankrupting Myself.
For what I paid for the i850 you would think there would be software to do ring tones ,I noticed cheaper phones have software that will let you do all kinds of things.
If anybody finds software for the i850 let Me know Please
_
25. May 2008 @ 00:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by rolls1400:
does anyone know of any freeware to cut down mp3s for ringtones?
...you can go to http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/
_
25. May 2008 @ 00:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by rolls1400:
hi i cant fing the lame_enc.dll file everywhere i download it and get ready to unzip it says the file is corrupt or empty
go to http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/pop.php?lame_enc
LneWlf
_
1. June 2008 @ 16:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey guys, j/w how long can a ringtone be max? (time limit)

Thx.

D.
LneWlf
_
1. June 2008 @ 16:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by arcanix:
Why should you pay 3 to 4 bucks for a one ringtone?
This is a tutorial about how to make one for free.
For this tutorial you need audacity, lame, and razorlame (lame gui).

You can get audacity and lame here:
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/windows

And razorlame here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/24544393/razorlame115a.zip

First open the mp3 you want (I'm using green days' basket case ^_^)

Select end of the song, and delete it (shown below) (I left only 15sec but it could be more if you like)

Then select about 2 last seconds of your mp3 and put a "fade out" -effect (shown below - optional)

If there's too much silence in the start of the song, you should delete it too (shown below)

Now export the final edition of your tone as wav. You could export it directly as mp3, but I didn't find out how to change the quality. That's why you'll have to get razorlame.

In razorlame use the settings shown below for optimal filesize and decent quality

Then add your exported wav and push the encode-button -> ready ringtone!
Maybe its just me, but the pics dont show up for some reason, anyway to reset that?
heyyy612
_
8. June 2008 @ 00:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yooo, any other programs that can handle resizing the exported wav files from audacity? for one, the picture tutorials are not up anymore and with razorlame it just wont work, similar problems to others posting.

gfdshg
myrawr
_
8. June 2008 @ 15:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
audacity is definatley the way to go for software. There are many alternatives that dont require software...just search google for free online ringtone maker or online ringtone maker and you will find pleanty of online apps to make mp3 ringtones.

Almarina
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
25. November 2008 @ 00:50 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Can anyone help me ??? How do i make a ringtone i really dont get it. HELP PLEASE
sploider
_
26. December 2008 @ 12:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
You can try Pisamba.com - Free Ringtone Maker. Its easy, fast and free.
rjman5
_
30. January 2009 @ 18:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
How do i delete on audacity cant find it
FETNU
_
2. March 2009 @ 20:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Almarina:
Can anyone help me ??? How do i make a ringtone i really dont get it. HELP PLEASE
Here's a tutorial I recently updated which explains where to download audacity and the lame_enc.dll and then I include step by step directions for creating the ringtone in audacity. I'm still in the process of adding screen shots, but hopefully this can help someone!

http://snow.prohosting.com/gman1025/v400/mp3.html
ronaldhes
_
23. March 2009 @ 08:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Try using www.nakko.com for making your own ringtone.
Everything is free.
CheleCity
_
5. April 2009 @ 16:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I read all through this thread and never saw this question answered. I also have a Motorola phone, an i880. I have no problem creating mp3s and sending them to the phone, but the phone won't allow me to assign these new mp3s (and amr's) as ringtones, only the mp3's that came with the phone. Is there a way around this? Is there some kind of tag or something that says the mp3 was purchased, or 'ok'ed' for assigning?
FETNU
_
5. April 2009 @ 17:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I read on another forum that the audio sample rate can't be more than 8000Hz otherwise it won't work as a ringtone.
CheleCity
_
5. April 2009 @ 20:42 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
That didn't help. There must be some flag or something that tells it it is a 'purchased' ringtone. Unless... when you go to the settings-->ringtones the original mp3's are their as well as original .mid files. Maybe in order to be a ring tone the mp3 must be moved to this 'ringer' folder instead of whatever folder it puts it in when one does a generic copy from card to phone. Any program that can 'view' phone memory via usb cable?
CheleCity
_
6. April 2009 @ 16:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I finally got it to work with i880. File must be 8000k mono and you have to use webjal not usb cable.

3 product reviews
_
21. August 2009 @ 20:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
K, forgive me if this was answered few 100 post bk but I am still slowly reading through it all. I am having trouble sending a compressed mp3 to a certain at&t cell (I will get exact model by next post). I can open it on a Motorola K1M but the size comes in email as say 3kb but once saved to sound (i do not get any options to how to save, it either goes to ringtones if the phone likes it or sounds folder if it doesnt) it opens and shows as now something like 24kb as a ringtone file mp3. This appears to happen wether I email myself a file of 3, 9, or 24kb of the exact file saved in different compressions but saved to cell phone comes out bigger each time.

What other file formats can be used to retain high sounds , yet keep in smaler size once on cell for certain phones that dont seam to have enough internal memory?

Thankx in advance.

Sony PSP/PS3,
ASUS RAMPAGE II EXTREME(X58) w/ i7 930 DO @ 4.305GHz (205x21 @ 1.323v) 2:8 DDR1680 @ 6-6-6-18
ASUS RAMPAGE EXTREME (X48) w/ Q6600 @ 3.81GHz, 422x9 @ DDR1680 6-7-6-20 @ 1.71v
ASUS CROSSHAIR w/ x2 6400+

3 product reviews
_
21. August 2009 @ 20:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I am not familiar w/ the phone in question but in order to do it cheap or free (if you have unlimited mms service) you need to know if your cell can exccept pix messaging (mms) w/ sound. Then you need to know your cell carriers web server email address such as for example [10-digit phone number]@pm.sprint.com (MMS)for Sprint PCS now Sprint Nextel. Send yourself this audio file to your cell as an email from your pc. Hope this helps. This answer will aplly to many cells that can accept mms pix test. you just need to know your cell email address. To confirm for sure, in new message, send a pix text to your email (counts as text/pix even if you dont have email on your cell just type the email in place where you would put #) and you got it now.

Originally posted by 1aron:
After Googling, Sprint forums with no replys, and many Days on the net, I have come to the conclusion that about all I'm going to be able to do with the Data cable is up-load pictures to and from phone to computer and vise versa.
I thought I was going to be able to create and upload Ring tone to the phone from the computer , already made My Voice Tones, I hate music tones.
The Voice tones I made starts with a classic phone ringing, then the Voice says ,Bobby calling from home, I have made up enough to cover all My contacts.
And now I don't think I will be able to use the cable to upload them to the phone. Because of no software for the i850.
Going to have to rack My pea brain on the net trying to see if there is another way without bankrupting Myself.
For what I paid for the i850 you would think there would be software to do ring tones ,I noticed cheaper phones have software that will let you do all kinds of things.
If anybody finds software for the i850 let Me know Please

Sony PSP/PS3,
ASUS RAMPAGE II EXTREME(X58) w/ i7 930 DO @ 4.305GHz (205x21 @ 1.323v) 2:8 DDR1680 @ 6-6-6-18
ASUS RAMPAGE EXTREME (X48) w/ Q6600 @ 3.81GHz, 422x9 @ DDR1680 6-7-6-20 @ 1.71v
ASUS CROSSHAIR w/ x2 6400+
Advertisement
_
__

_
evgmih
Suspended permanently
_
5. January 2010 @ 04:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
SPAM removed

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 18. January 2010 @ 05:45

afterdawn.com > forums > mobile devices > motorola > tutorial: making mp3 ringtones

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork