User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 05:06
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > cd-r(w) media > who made these memorex 4x cdrw's? how long do they last?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Who made these Memorex 4X CDRW's? How long do they last?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
bratcher
_
30. October 2008 @ 00:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I just found a 5 pack of unopened Memorex 4x 700mb CDRW's Would anybody remember what the mid code might be? If I burned them like a regular CDR how long would the data last if they were taken good care of?
Advertisement
_
__
bratcher
_
30. October 2008 @ 01:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by bratcher:
I just found a 5 pack of unopened Memorex 4x 700mb CDRW's Would anybody remember what the mid code might be? If I burned them like a regular CDR how long would the data last if they were taken good care of?
Answering my own post here. From Google I found those old 4x CDRW's were made by Infodisc & that it is very low grade media. Reported to have problems with erasing & rewriting. Readability lifespan seems to be one to three months. Good thing I got that 5 pack for free!!

Well I burned one as an audiodisc & my CD player played it perfectly. I'll play it again once a month to see if it's still readable by the home & pickup truck CD players. The others will remain unopened while I'm play testing the first disc....
Peshtigo
_
30. October 2008 @ 08:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Lucky dog!
bratcher
_
30. October 2008 @ 12:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Peshtigo:
Lucky dog!
Why? Because I got them for free even though it's low grade media? Or am I lucky that the CDRW played back ok (in a CD player) right after it was burned?

I'm not depending on the discs for frequent use. Just saw the low soeed (4x) discs & decided to try burning one to see if it would work.
Peshtigo
_
30. October 2008 @ 13:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Lucky because they were free. After that who cares if they burn or not?
bratcher
_
30. October 2008 @ 18:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Peshtigo:
Lucky because they were free. After that who cares if they burn or not?
Yeah your right. I'm not out any money for them so if the disc I tried failed to burn then I wasn't out anything but my time in trying them.
Advertisement
_
__

_
JoeRyan
_
31. October 2008 @ 11:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Infodisc is the largest producer of rewritable CDs in the world. They produce for Memorex, Sony, and many others. Their 4X CD-RW discs are OK. They did have instability problems with higher speed CD-RW media; but few 8X, 16X, 24X, and 32X CD-RW media are as reliable as 4X CD-RWs. The faster the rated speed, the fewer rewrites one can expect even though manufacturers claim 1,000 cycles. 200-500 rewrites are more realistic for 24X and 32X, and 800-1000 for 4X.
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > cd-r(w) media > who made these memorex 4x cdrw's? how long do they last?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork