User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 02:49
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > digital video discussion for linux users > low volume problem
Show topics

Forums
Forums
low volume problem
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
8. December 2008 @ 18:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I was charged with making some copies of a family video DVD. A problem I noticed with the video is that the volume was incredibly low throughout the entire DVD. Before I make any copies I was wondering if there was a way to edit the VIDEO_TS files I have ripped onto my computer to make the volume higher so that the volume on the TV doesn't have to be turned all the way up.
AfterDawn Addict
_
10. December 2008 @ 09:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I've used this program to increase gain in ac3 files.
Place the source ac3 in the same folder as the utility and select one of the bat files.
The source should be named something like 'input.ac3' - it generates a new file with the appropriate gain (from 1.5 to 2.5 db).
The ac3 stream has to be demuxed from the DVD first of course, then muxed.

http://forum.videohelp.com/topic317891.html?highlight=ac3gain
_
10. December 2008 @ 09:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks for the help. As soon as I get the chance I'm gonna give that a shot.
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > digital video discussion for linux users > low volume problem

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork