User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 09:30
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > digital video discussion for linux users > video enhancing?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Video Enhancing?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
10. December 2008 @ 15:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I was wondering if there is a simple software that converts your video( i have it in DVD format, but it isn't good quality) to smooth out the pixels.
Or in lamens terms: i would want the video quality as good as it is minimized on the screen to have the same resolution on a big screen.
AfterDawn Addict

1 product review
_
10. December 2008 @ 15:54 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
No such animal exists

"The flimsier the product,the higher the price"
Ferengi 82nd rule of aqusition

_
10. December 2008 @ 16:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
bahhhhhh!!!!!
Ive seen some kind of software where you can enhance the resolution, but i want to try it before i buy it.
Video Enhancer 1.09
Advertisement
_
__

_
varnull
Suspended permanently
_
12. December 2008 @ 06:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'll save you the trouble... it's a ripoff.

Investigate image smoothing software.. (there is FOSS out there ..cinelerra/avidemux etc, but lots of high end video processing tools cost big money) you can take some of the blockyness off, but results are very variable.. Personally I think you should just rip at a proper dvd resolution and bitrate, and if you want to play dvd's on large screens then invest in a cheap upconverting dvd player.

Does your question have anything at all to do with linux video/multimedia work seeing as you instantly start naming a win-only ripoff program? I love the BS marketing spiel on the download location
Quote:
Now you can convert your SD video to HD!
.. yeah.. I can do that with avidemux for free.. hahaha..
Quote:
which delivers unbelievable quality by using information from previous frames,
Has anybody seen what a mess that turns fast action into??

video is the same as audio.. crap in-crap out XD

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 12. December 2008 @ 06:31

afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > digital video discussion for linux users > video enhancing?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork