User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 11:42
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > announcements > forum announcements > some performance improvements made to forum code
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Some performance improvements made to forum code
  Jump to:

Posted Message
I hate titles

35 product reviews
_
16. December 2008 @ 05:04 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I made couple of changes to the forum code couple of minutes ago that should improve the response times of the forums in certain cases:

-you're logged in and are browsing a thread you've subscribed to

-replying to an existing thread should "process" the message much, much faster now

-when you click a thread link in an email sent to you by our notification system, the thread should appear bit faster to your screen

...these changes wont affect the speed the forums function under heavy load, just make some usability improvements by reducing the processing time shown to users.

Petteri Pyyny (pyyny@twitter)
Webmaster
https://AfterDawn.com/
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict

1 product review
_
16. December 2008 @ 16:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Let me be the first to say Many thanks boss, and Merry Christmas !

"The flimsier the product,the higher the price"
Ferengi 82nd rule of aqusition

ddp
_
16. December 2008 @ 19:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
is faster doing replies but i'm not getting any mail since 9:19 this morning.
AfterDawn Addict

2 product reviews
_
16. December 2008 @ 21:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by ddp:
Same here.
malci
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
17. December 2008 @ 07:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by ddp:
And the same here, not had one, thread update notification with regards to threads subscribed to at all, been over 24 hours now.

Read http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/683472

Any Information Contained In this Post Is For Experimental And Educational Purposes Only ? Please Do Not Abuse
I hate titles

35 product reviews
_
17. December 2008 @ 08:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Fix something and something else breaks :-) Yep, email notification system apparently went tits up with the updates I made, apologies. It _should_ work now.

Webmaster
AfterDawn Addict

2 product reviews
_
17. December 2008 @ 08:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yep just got load of emails so working fine now, Thanks.
_
17. December 2008 @ 09:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Something has happened on the profile pages as well, i usen't to be able to see deleted links and blogs, but now i can.
malci
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
17. December 2008 @ 11:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
All back fine here now, happy day's ;)

Read http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/683472

Any Information Contained In this Post Is For Experimental And Educational Purposes Only ? Please Do Not Abuse
_
17. December 2008 @ 11:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Sounds good.
However am still missing many email notifications from today, hopefully they will filter thru at some point.

Main PC ~ Intel C2Q Q6600 (G0 Stepping)/Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3/2GB Crucial Ballistix PC2-8500/Zalman CNPS9700/Antec 900/Corsair HX 620W
Network ~ DD-WRT ~ 2node WDS-WPA2/AES ~ Buffalo WHR-G54S. 3node WPA2/AES ~ WRT54GS v6 (inc. WEP BSSID), WRT54G v2, WRT54G2 v1. *** Forum Rules ***
_
17. December 2008 @ 11:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi all, in posting this morning, I noticed that the posts were going in much faster !

So thank you drD and Merry Christmas to all !

Jo

Life is Grand !

I hate titles

35 product reviews
_
17. December 2008 @ 11:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by creaky:
Sounds good.
However am still missing many email notifications from today, hopefully they will filter thru at some point.
You wont be getting them. What happened was that the emails weren't generated at all, thus there are no notifications for the ~24h period that could be sent out.

Webmaster
_
17. December 2008 @ 12:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
/cries.

Cheers boss, will go thru the subscribed threads lists in 'My Account page'

Main PC ~ Intel C2Q Q6600 (G0 Stepping)/Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3/2GB Crucial Ballistix PC2-8500/Zalman CNPS9700/Antec 900/Corsair HX 620W
Network ~ DD-WRT ~ 2node WDS-WPA2/AES ~ Buffalo WHR-G54S. 3node WPA2/AES ~ WRT54GS v6 (inc. WEP BSSID), WRT54G v2, WRT54G2 v1. *** Forum Rules ***

1 product review
_
17. December 2008 @ 14:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Cheers, much faster and no problems that I can see as of yet.

_
17. December 2008 @ 23:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Even dial-up is faster now, although you have to be a snail to notice anything faster on dial-up. *curses out loud*
Good work boss :)

AfterDawn Addict

3 product reviews
_
18. December 2008 @ 10:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks Boss...much faster now and i'm getting my notifications again. :) Cheers!

Advertisement
_
__

_
patwin
_
19. December 2008 @ 12:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hello lads had a problem to find the up dated forum,what happend to the old site ,the last posting was in november.so why ?
afterdawn.com > forums > announcements > forum announcements > some performance improvements made to forum code

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork