User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 03:20
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > general discussion > safety valve > chat with afterdawn.com users! (on irc)
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Chat with AfterDawn.com users! (on IRC)
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Page:123Next >
varnull
Suspended permanently
_
8. January 2009 @ 16:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Right ho.. here we go..

As owner (currently) of the afterdawn chat I am increasingly unhappy with the network it is currently on. Many global notices spamming pr0n and other warez channels across the network and other unpleasant happenings.. Stormchat was never like this..

I don't think brokenirc.net is a suitable home for the #afterdawn channel due to the proximity to illegal and adult content.. seeing as this site and it's chatroom are open to all ages.

I propose we move the room to villageirc, which has given my site, and others sites quality stable and clean service for many years. No warez.. no pr0n.. and no spammers for these warez sources amongst the network administrators abusing their positions when asked to cease by the channel owner..

Anyway.. that's all I wanted to say..

Chat users please comment one way or another.. by the weekend would be nice XD

PP
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
8. January 2009 @ 23:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I definitely agree with moving the channel. I for one am tired of this global notice spamming.

Lets get moving!

1 product review
_
9. January 2009 @ 00:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Aye!

AfterDawn Addict
_
9. January 2009 @ 13:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i agree

250gb ps3 non modded and 60gb launch model 3.55cfw
_
9. January 2009 @ 15:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
No complaints from me, sounds like a good plan..

Main PC ~ Intel C2Q Q6600 (G0 Stepping)/Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3/2GB Crucial Ballistix PC2-8500/Zalman CNPS9700/Antec 900/Corsair HX 620W
Network ~ DD-WRT ~ 2node WDS-WPA2/AES ~ Buffalo WHR-G54S. 3node WPA2/AES ~ WRT54GS v6 (inc. WEP BSSID), WRT54G v2, WRT54G2 v1. *** Forum Rules ***
varnull
Suspended permanently
_
9. January 2009 @ 17:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Need people to test the java applet... had a couple of problems with it... still working on it. If you remember the link I'm having fun getting the server to connect now XD

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 9. January 2009 @ 21:48

AfterDawn Addict
_
9. January 2009 @ 17:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
works great

250gb ps3 non modded and 60gb launch model 3.55cfw
AfterDawn Addict
_
10. January 2009 @ 20:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
IRC, what's that? I've forgotten!

Heh..

varnull
Suspended permanently
_
10. January 2009 @ 23:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
not surprised.. hahaha.. That's just so.. so .. so..

no comment XD

Anyway.. should have a new working applet later.. just swearing at my lost java coding skills :(

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 10. January 2009 @ 23:21

varnull
Suspended permanently
_
11. January 2009 @ 01:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
OK.. solved it seems.. so here it is.. Still need to pretty up the page a little.. and add a change nick button (for all the windows noobs who can't type anything as complicated as /nick <whatever> )

but it's live and working.. so please test and comment eh??

http://afterdawnchat.atspace.com/
AfterDawn Addict
_
11. January 2009 @ 07:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
/me still has teh irc skillz

varnull
Suspended permanently
_
11. January 2009 @ 15:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I noticed XD

only one interesting thing found with regards to the java applet so far.. it doesn't like 00 (two zeros) in nicks.. it seems to send a null to the applet so you can't use that in a nick :lol:

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 11. January 2009 @ 15:21

_
11. January 2009 @ 16:35 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
/me organises the removal truck
varnull
Suspended permanently
_
11. January 2009 @ 22:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Jack.. hows your php scripting?.. I had a bit of a bash at it, but it's displaying the file contents instead of launching the applet XD

Will have another go at that little bit tomorrow evening.. and then if it's still no go I'll send you what I have got and see if you can come up with anything.

I'm wondering if I still have the actual code anywhere in my email attachments.. I know I had it about 2 years ago.. hmmmm...
_
15. January 2009 @ 07:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
howdy pplz... its been a while, but one never forgets his birthplace wether it be on the interwebs or IRL :D me is back and hopes to say some familliar faces in #afterdawn soon :D

greetz from holland

retro

AfterDawn Addict
_
15. January 2009 @ 08:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Oh my godz, retro78 :o

_
16. January 2009 @ 16:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hope Dela doesn't mind, i've edited two of his stickied threads that reference the old stormchat network and amended to reflect villageirc

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/655104
http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/655108
Found another one here - http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/13719.cfm

Come join in the chat people.

Main PC ~ Intel C2Q Q6600 (G0 Stepping)/Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3/2GB Crucial Ballistix PC2-8500/Zalman CNPS9700/Antec 900/Corsair HX 620W
Network ~ DD-WRT ~ 2node WDS-WPA2/AES ~ Buffalo WHR-G54S. 3node WPA2/AES ~ WRT54GS v6 (inc. WEP BSSID), WRT54G v2, WRT54G2 v1. *** Forum Rules ***

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 16. January 2009 @ 17:10

AfterDawn Addict
_
16. January 2009 @ 17:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I take it, this is not the chat thread???LOL

I've installed the stuff I think but the guide does need to be rewritten. Irc is 6.35 now. Someone is using my nick garmoon so I'm garbayou there and chatting with myself. I think?

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 16. January 2009 @ 17:50

1 product review
_
16. January 2009 @ 22:58 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I can't imagine there being another garmoon.....

Let us know if you need help getting in.

AfterDawn Addict
_
16. January 2009 @ 23:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
actually there is another in the games room that the IRC entered me in at first. I finally made it to the #afterdawn place on the right irc.villageirc.net:6667. I didn't know anyone there, but recognized some of the names. There is actually a Gary Moon out there who is using garmoon as an email addy. Somebody sent me an email at my ISP thinking it was he. My last name is not Moon- the moon part comes from my love of astronomy.

I actually chatted with huru for a minute.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 16. January 2009 @ 23:09

1 product review
_
17. January 2009 @ 03:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Glad you got in, I'll be around later this weekend. See ya there.

varnull
Suspended permanently
_
17. January 2009 @ 20:12 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I'm back now.. had a couple of days quiet because there has been a lot going on in the real world :)

I hope everybody is ready, because the old chan will get killed in the next couple of days. I haven't been able to get the java frontend to work.. it would help if I could see the original code.. but it's working and running as designed. Just needs it's page tidying up a little.

The irc guides may be out of date.. but surely people have the brains to google a setup guide for whatever application it is... I would suggest kvirc http://www.kvirc.net/ (freeware and effective) rather than that clunky outmoded (and usually cracked) mirc thing. Just because everybody uses something doesn't make it any good.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 17. January 2009 @ 20:19

varnull
Suspended permanently
_
18. January 2009 @ 23:18 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The java applet has screwed up.. or the hosting is having a problem.... not sure which as yet.. so people will have to use a proper irc client (see my link earlier.. it's too easy and freeware) or use chatzilla XD

old channel now closed...
AfterDawn Addict
_
19. January 2009 @ 08:01 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
@varnull

This link is broken http://www.kvirc.net/

Advertisement
_
__

_
varnull
Suspended permanently
_
25. January 2009 @ 09:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
No it isn't ...

anyway.. chat fully up and running now .. CoZZ showed up the other day but I didn't get chance to have a proper word with him.. If anybody catches him I need to have a word about something.. soooo.. if one of the friendly mods would care to keep an eye on the channel and pass a message that I need to speak to the buddies guys about changing the applet links it would be mucho appreciated.

Page:123Next >
afterdawn.com > forums > general discussion > safety valve > chat with afterdawn.com users! (on irc)

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork