User User name Password  

Monday 10.6.2024 / 01:15
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r for newbies > stripping??
Show topics

Forums
Forums
stripping??
  Jump to:

Posted Message
scribbla
_
12. September 2002 @ 10:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i have copied a film to my hard drive using dvd decrypter and the film is 7 gb with extra features. im a bit stuck i want to try and fit this film onto a dvd -r disc. i have read many faqs and guides from doom9 etc.. i have ifoedit, remepeg2 dvd/avi , vobrator,dvd decrypter, i know you have to strip out certain files but i dont know what.
some help from someone who has done this would be a real treat..
or is it possible just to rencode it at a lower bitrate to bring it down from 7 gb to 4.36 gb or do you have to strip it as well???
please help i have all the programs the guide tells you to have from doom9 dvd to dvd5 and have read the instructions but still get lost . any help would be appericated
Insite
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
13. September 2002 @ 07:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Your easiest route is to strip everything but the main movie. Follow the guide at doom9 for 'how to copy just the main movie.' This is an easy method for getting rid of all the garbage with minimal user input. All you have to choose is which audio tracks / subtitles you want to keep. This MAY get you down small enough to fit on one disk. If it doesn't you will need to transcode to lower the bitrate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Insite
harvey713
_
14. September 2002 @ 17:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Doom9 is helpful, but read this thread:http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/5961

afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r for newbies > stripping??

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork