User User name Password  

Monday 10.6.2024 / 04:40
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r for newbies > right o/s ??
Show topics

Forums
Forums
right o/s ??
  Jump to:

Posted Message
scribbla
_
13. September 2002 @ 03:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i'm using a p4, 1.6gh, 512sd ram,with a 40 gb hd with win 98 se with a dvd rom drive 16x and i have an ao4 writer with instant cd/dvd. i have read many guides and faqs all using different programs and methods to rip dvds. the one im trying to use now is the one off the doom9 site dvd -dvd5 guide using : dvd decrypter, ifoedit, dvd-r calculator, rempeg2 and vobrator. just thought id be informative :) My question is this i have ripped a dvd which is 4.5**gb with dvd decrypter to my hard drive c:\ what ever and even done it another way by making a folder in win for it. the film rips fine but when its starts ripping it say's the file c:\ whatever does not support 4gb but completes the process fine.
now when i try to fire up vobrator to see what to srip out it wont let my find the file even though i know it's there. either on hard drive or in a new folder. This is the same with ifoedit. I have read somewhere that it is my operating system is this true?? because i only just changed it. if it is the o/s i get a new hd and load a new o/s just for ripping films

thanks
I hate titles

35 product reviews
_
13. September 2002 @ 05:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
W2k Pro is the correct OS for everything that relates to video editing. XP doesn't do the trick for most of the people and all 16-bit DOS GUIs (Win9x and ME) are just plain useless for video editing (and otherwise, IMHO).

Petteri Pyyny (pyyny@twitter)
Webmaster
https://AfterDawn.com/
Insite
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
13. September 2002 @ 07:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
2000 is definitely the way to go. The FAT32 file system of Win98 is garbage and can't handle large files. Make sure when you upgrade to Win2000 that you upgrade your file system to NTFS.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Insite
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r for newbies > right o/s ??

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork