User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 12:12
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > cd-r(w) media > enabling cd drives as a dvd drive
Show topics

Forums
Forums
enabling CD drives as a dvd drive
  Jump to:

Posted Message
auto1234
_
24. February 2009 @ 23:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
You know how some old pcs can only read CDs ? well is it possible if you
change the software settings to enable it to read DVDs as well ?
JoeRyan
_
25. February 2009 @ 13:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
No. CD drives have an infrared laser to read CDs. DVD drives have both an infrared laser for CDs and a ruby-red laser for the smaller pits and tracks on DVDs.
_
16. June 2009 @ 05:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I suppose in theory you could swap out the laser, change data stream, Modify the Potentiometer and upgrade read/write speeds then it possible could.. also a lot more modification would be required but its not worth the hassle

Regards

Sorry dead post :(

Ayame, i live for you xxx even though the sight may fade the feelings shall always remain

Ayame, i owe you my life but thats all i have to give to you as you already have my love and my heart

forever yours Joe xxxxx

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 16. June 2009 @ 05:52

afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > cd-r(w) media > enabling cd drives as a dvd drive

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork