User User name Password  

Wednesday 15.5.2024 / 04:16
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - p2p software > utorrent is crashing. help me please!
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Utorrent is Crashing. HELP ME PLEASE!
  Jump to:

Posted Message
ibuddha
_
25. March 2009 @ 18:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I've been using uTorrent since it first came out in the beta days and I've loved the product ever since, its amazing.

However, I just recently update my PC to Vista Ultimate x64 SP1. However, I seem to be having trouble on a certain download. Currently I'm downloading file A and B and seeding file C. If I download File B it works perfectly If I try both A and B it crashes, if I try A alone it also crashes. So I've narrowed it down to File A being the culprit. I really don't want to have to look for a new file similar to A so I set up mt Processor to do that Affinity thing, however this file is kind of large so changing the affinity is kind of annoying.

is there anything I can do to fix this?

I have all the .dmp files if you need to see them.

**update I was going through the setup guide just to make sure I was doing everything correct. I started downloading the test torrent only to have it crash just a minute later. it was going good until It crashed.even with the affinity set.

could it be that now i have 6 gig of mem instead of 2 like before?

** I reinstalled utorrent and everything seemed to work. I left it over night downloading and when I woke up around 7 it had crashed and only gone to about 15% completion. Can some one help me please?

I'm connected through my linksys wrt 54g router to my comcast voip cable modedm.
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict

6 product reviews
_
22. September 2012 @ 17:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I am not sure if you are still around seeing how old this post is however i have had this issue recently and also tested it using two files and it seems when i do both files at the same time it still crashes. When i do a new file that is unrelated to the first one on its own everything is fine. After reading your post i can only come to the conclusion that its a problem with file A and you need to find a new torrent file.

That is what i am going to do after reading your post.

Also i have tested this using another Torrent application and it does not connect to the tracker properly on the second application soo my only guess is its a problem with the torrent file.

Thanks for helping me out and i hope i helped you out although a few years later :)

Edited by DVDBack23

"the mediocre teacher tells. the good teacher explains. the superior teacher demonstrates. the great teacher inspires."- William Aruthur Ward
Mez
AfterDawn Addict
_
30. September 2012 @ 09:30 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
You are being attacked. You have made 'their' priority list. 'They' have been attacking computers for quite a few years. Another reason to go VPN or some other pay service. I have no idea who 'they' are. Probably a black ops program funded by the media.
AfterDawn Addict
_
30. September 2012 @ 18:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Originally posted by Mez:
You are being attacked. You have made 'their' priority list. 'They' have been attacking computers for quite a few years. Another reason to go VPN or some other pay service. I have no idea who 'they' are. Probably a black ops program funded by the media.

mrslicker
_
1. October 2012 @ 05:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Seconded, Ripper. The outlook is always the same.
Advertisement
_
__

_
Mez
AfterDawn Addict
_
14. October 2012 @ 14:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If you update your peerblock list (the new peerguardian) every 6 hrs you may only crash once in a weekend instead of several times. The other helpful thing you can do is reboot before you leave it unattended for a long period of time. You can also try forwarding your port.
afterdawn.com > forums > software, operating systems and more > windows - p2p software > utorrent is crashing. help me please!

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork