User User name Password  

Tuesday 28.5.2024 / 23:58
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - general discussion > ps2 game back ups failure using alcohol 120%
Show topics

Forums
Forums
PS2 Game back ups failure using Alcohol 120%
  Jump to:

Posted Message
gbroman
_
4. April 2009 @ 00:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi. I've read here quite a lot of the pro's and con's of backing up PS2 games tried a few and haven't had one success yet.
There was a thread I read and used it to work from, there were many 'How to get it done' advice and one member by the name of Digital 9x gave a great tutorial that meant rebuiding the game with things like IML2 something or other and much more. However, the focus seemed to be on using Alcohol 120% and I presume the option to copy a PS2 game.from the list of games that Alcohol 120% gives that it can do.
Well I did just that, and as yet have not managed to get a working copy of the game I am trying to backup, 8 -10 failures.The game i am trying to backup is namely "Need for Speed 2_Most Wanted" .
When I put the backup disc into the PS2 console it will not play.
Do I need a modchip, or a Swapdisc or.........

Basically,using the Original game disc, I just copied it using Alcohol 120% 'Playstation 2' option, direct to computer HDD and the created the backup disc.

Any reason why these backups aren't working for me.

I have also had the same problem with Alcohol 120% NOT producing 1:1 backups of PC-ROM games that I have, even though I am using the given copy protection methods available. But, that is not PS2 forum territory.

Believe me, I have read PAGES of threads on PS2 backup making, and at the end of the day, can't seem to get a working result.

Cheers.

" Quatations bore me, tell me what you know "
AfterDawn Addict
_
4. April 2009 @ 22:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Personally I just use imgburn for PS2 DVD backup and burning.

It is just the best in my opinion.

Its free, just google it.

Very simple interface to follow, but there are guides if you need one.
http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=6379

Alcohol is ok for PS2 CD games or PS1 games.

http://www.xtreme-source.com/index.php/f...=15721&catid=28

My consoles: Nintendo64>Dreamcast aug/99>PS2 V7-Seagate 400gb hdd-Maxtor 300gb hdd,PS2 V14 FMCB 1.8 - Memor32 >V18 SM 3.6 >DS-Lite-G6DS Real 16GB-R4DS Ultra 8gb SDHC>Gamecube-Original>Wii-Wiikey 2>PSP PHAT CFW 5.00 M33-6>DSi (Kingdom Hearts Edition)-EZ Flash Vi - M3i Zero Sakura>Kindom Hearts:Birth by Sleep PSP 3000>PS3 80GB. WiiU PS4 XBOXONE 3DSNDS
Related links
Download Alcohol 120% burning software here.
Download Alcohol 52% CD emulator from here.
For more PS2 discussion, please visit our sister site, Blasteroids.com
Read our PS2 backup tutorial & information package

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
WATCH: DVD player used to hack PS2 3 16. July 2020 News comments
First PS2 games on PS4 available now including GTA, Twisted Metal 10 13. December 2015 News comments
Sony: PlayStation 4 very likely to surpass PS2 in profitability 19 10. June 2014 News comments
ps2 can display 3 1. June 2014 PS2 - General discussion
how to mod a ps2 1 16. May 2014 PS2 - General discussion
Two PS2 Slims - One Accepts Swap Magic, one doesnt... All Detail inside 1 1. May 2014 PS2 - DVD backup discussion
How to burn PS2 games with Free McBoot 2 20. April 2014 PS2 - Software boot discussion
PS2 Hard Drive Loader 1 1. April 2014 PS2 - General discussion
Convert from PS2 to TV format? 1 4. March 2014 Convert video to another format
PS2 AR Max Hardware problem 4 21. January 2014 PS2 - General discussion

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - general discussion > ps2 game back ups failure using alcohol 120%

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork