User User name Password  

Saturday 8.6.2024 / 03:45
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > digital video discussion for mac users > capture on mac - read dv on pc?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Capture on Mac - read DV on PC?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
maveni
_
19. April 2009 @ 08:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello folks, I have a friend who has a Mac, but also has an expensive video app that only runs on PCs. He purchased Parallels specifically for this program, thinking he could capture from his mini-dv camcorder via Firewire under Parellels. But of course, Parallels doesn't recognize the Firewire port.

My understanding of the camcorder DV format was that it's platform independent and capture apps simply copy the DV file to the computer without actually converting or encoding the video. I was hoping he could capture the DV file with iMovie, then read the DV file under Parallels/Windows. I'm hoping that if I changed Apple's .MOV container name to a Windows .AVI container(manually or with a utility), the underlying video would still be the platform independent DV and be read by either system.

I'm obviously trying to avoid having to re-encode the file. Does anyone think this may work or know of a way to make this work? Any and all help is really appreciated.
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > digital video discussion for mac users > capture on mac - read dv on pc?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork