User User name Password  

Saturday 18.5.2024 / 22:54
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > dvd-vcr combos > transferring dvd to computer
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Transferring DVD to Computer
  Jump to:

Posted Message
MrMailman
_
15. May 2009 @ 08:43 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have a Samsung DVD-VR330 that I have transferred home movies to. I've tried to use Clone DVD and DVD Shrink to transfer to computer for multi burning, but neither recognize the files. Any suggestions.
Advertisement
_
__
AfterDawn Addict
_
15. May 2009 @ 18:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Were the disks finalized in the recorder.
MrMailman
_
16. May 2009 @ 12:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yes they were. What I want to do is rip it and get it to autorun, know any programs?
AfterDawn Addict
_
16. May 2009 @ 13:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
This disk plays ok on the PC, yet DVD Shrink gives an error when opening the files?

Are the files on the disk in a 'VIDEO_TS' folder that contains .ifo .bup .vob files?
_
17. May 2009 @ 13:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
DVD Shrink won't work with newer movies. Shrink was deserted 2-3 yrs. ago, so it's not kept up with the latest copy protections. Download the free trial of AnyDVD, and give it a try:
http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html

forestm33
_
23. June 2009 @ 15:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
You'd think these companies would figure out that they're wasting their money. Strangely Sony is the first to give in when it comes to mp3 devices. New Sony mp3 players (for the first time) are drag and drop with NO software at all. Just a basic usb mass storage device. Thankgod since Sony's software has always been on the terrible side.

It makes you wonder if they'll do the same on the next generation of video (unlikely) having learned that when it comes to copy protection "if you build it, they will break it, for much cheaper than it cost you to build it".

digital copying & dvd duplicator
Advertisement
_
__

_
_
1. October 2009 @ 12:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The 'copy' thing is not a Recorder maker problem, or player or TV problem.

It's all about the "Movie making Industry" - aka Hollywood. These people are gangesters when it comes to money - and 'copying' [their] movies is messing with their profits.

I don't think there would have ever come up on the Radar and been a problem to begin with if it had been limited to people simply making "a" backup copy of "their" movies and stuff just in case.

The Lndustry got in the war when the cheese cracks started turning out "piles" of copies to hustle for street cash and losers to hand out trying to impress gals-n-pals at school. (The overseas counterfitters? - Ain't our problem.)
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > dvd-vcr combos > transferring dvd to computer

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork