User User name Password  

Saturday 8.6.2024 / 20:03
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital audio > high resolution audio > help with dts wav files on htpc only getting 2ch stereo
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Help with DTS wav files on htpc only getting 2ch stereo
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Bradek
_
25. May 2009 @ 13:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Sorry if this seems a stupid question but after following the instructions and downloading vlc and ac3filter i still can only get 2ch sound from my htpc spdif output to my dts amp when playing dts wav files.

now i know dts is working because i can output dts encoded video with no problem, but not dts encoded wav files. Using AC3Filter and the graphic levels on main screen clearly has all 6 channels firing with activity both input and output but decoder info box to the left shows as input 2ch and output 5.1ch with no sound at all.

Switching the output format to 2/0 -stereo and then get sound (again 6 firing on input graph and now the 2 on output) but this then stuffs up the high def video output to 2ch.

in short dts works for videos but not wav files,and yes i have ticked the check for dts encoding in wav's in FFdshow.
any help you could provide is sincerely appreciated.
Brad
_
27. May 2009 @ 11:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I cannot get VLC to play digital AC3 either and I got WMP 11 working using AC3 filter so I am hanging out with you to get this info I have my pc hooked up using spdif.

pokin'around
mugs
_
4. June 2009 @ 11:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I am having a similar issue. I can get dts to play as 5.1 but 5.1 wavs come in as 2 channel. I can also get mkv movies or dvd movies with 5.1 to play.

An eye for an eye will makes us all blind. "Mahatma Ghandi"
afterdawn.com > forums > digital audio > high resolution audio > help with dts wav files on htpc only getting 2ch stereo

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork