User User name Password  

Tuesday 14.5.2024 / 21:19
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - dvd backup discussion > read this -- forum rules
Show topics

Forums
Forums
READ THIS -- Forum Rules
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
23. April 2004 @ 12:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
here is a link to the forum rules - http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487

please read and follow them.

http://www.Lonero.net - friend of the forums, great guitar player
#afterdawn (well i have no idea where it is anymore)
Advertisement
_
__
GregI
Suspended permanently
_
14. April 2006 @ 15:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
lol sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet full house
_
14. April 2006 @ 15:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
A good idea, but...........

There should be a rule that everyone reads the rules, but then everyone would need to read the rule that tells them that they need to read the rules.

janrocks
Suspended permanently
_
14. April 2006 @ 16:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Instead of something stupid I have an intelligent question which I would like some clarification on..

Concerning Xbox modchip hacked bios files.

On most of the sites world wide it is considered illegal to link to or even discuss hacked xbox bios files. I am surprised to find this is not the case at Afterdawn where I have found various links to download such, and discussion on what to do with the said "illegal" software.

I just want a bit of an understanding as to why it is different here, from say xbox-scene or Llamma.

Thanks.
_
14. April 2006 @ 19:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
it isn't different here, posting links to illegal files is in serious violation of the rules. when we find these links we delete them and usually ban the person who posted them. if you see illegal links just use the "report offensive post" feature.

http://www.Lonero.net - friend of the forums, great guitar player
#afterdawn (well i have no idea where it is anymore)

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 14. April 2006 @ 19:57

janrocks
Suspended permanently
_
15. April 2006 @ 01:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi..Great, but does that include links to sites that may or may not have dodgy files on them.such as piratebay.or just direct links to specific (for instance) xbox bios files

So that a post like this is ok if it's maybe something I'm not sure if it's legal or not to download

You may be able to find somethin like that at...or...try having a look at this site... www.somesiteorother.met

Whereas?..(sorry very late spelling gone..duh!) this isn't

Its here dude!!
www.anastytorrentsite.nut/downloads/torrents/xbox/veryspecificnamedbiosfile

Just to be clear because I sometimes have to point people at legal stuff like xbox linux files which are totally legal, and I know exactly which file they need, then the second method is OK?

Thanks for the clear answer earlier.. I just need to clarify as the rules are different everywhere I go..

But it is OK to discuss the usage of these files and in a general way how to install them, even if apart from the source of the files the instructions for using them are qutie explicit??

Thanks..I just want to really know so I don't get in trouble for trying to help someone out..
GregI
Suspended permanently
_
15. April 2006 @ 04:45 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
its hould be legal if u own the game but ur game is scratched and cant be read by pc or ps2.
Advertisement
_
__

_
janrocks
Suspended permanently
_
15. April 2006 @ 15:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Not the question I'm asking...I know it is legal to backup something you own (with certain understanding of the permissions for use of the backup and and the legal requirements if you dispose of in any way the faulty or damaged original)What I'm asking is for clarification of some of the finer points of the "posting of links" rules..
This thread is closed and therefore you are not allowed reply to this thread.
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - dvd backup discussion > read this -- forum rules

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork