User User name Password  

Tuesday 28.5.2024 / 15:05
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - software boot discussion > ps2 backups!
Show topics

Forums
Forums
PS2 BACKUPS!
  Jump to:

Posted Message
bigmattuk
_
10. May 2004 @ 09:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi,yup you've guessed it-I'm a newbie! please excuse me if my query has been answered a 1000 times before and forgive me just this once. Right,here goes....I have used nero to (successfully)burn ps2 dvd+ back-ups.I am using swap magic DVD Version 2.0 euro build and slide card to try and get them to work on ps2.I insert SM dvd 2.0 disc then slide card,swap disc to back up,slide card again then press x but nothing happens-I have tried this with 3 back ups and I get same result.CD back ups of games,again burnt using nero work fine with SM 3.0 cd version and s.card,but my ps2 just refuses to read dvd's using aforementioned method. this is sooooooo frustrating,am I doing something wrong? any response from you good people would be much appreciated,thanks!
Advertisement
_
__
bigmattuk
_
10. May 2004 @ 10:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Ok,I've learned that my swap magic dvd disk is working ok.It's just the DVD+R back ups 'sonic heroes' & 'pro evo soccer 3' I can't get it to work with! Is it true that I've got to download cd loader or dummy bin files to cd to get these to work,or even patches? I'm a complete rookie and a bit of a lamebrain,so could someone please help me by giving me an idiots guide on the subject! once again thanks & sorry for wasting your time if this has already been covered to death previously.
devilhunt
AfterDawn Addict
_
11. May 2004 @ 10:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yes it is true that sonic heroes needs modification to the dummy.bin file to load with swap magic check out this thread http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/69271 also check out this site for problem games with swap magic and there fixes http://www.swapmagicfix.com/ hope the info helps

bigmattuk
_
11. May 2004 @ 10:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks very much devilhunt.I have done as you said,I have also followed L-Burna's sonic guide and I am still stumped! My problem is that I can't get cd/dvd generator 1.50 to recognise my iso folder-it won't let me drag files in,just keeps saying 'unexpected file format'.What am I doing wrong?
Could it be something to do with wnaspi.dll,do I have to open this with 1.50 to get my iso folder format to be accepted? If so,how do I go about this,as I say I'm a total rookie and a bit dim as well!
Thanks again!
devilhunt
AfterDawn Addict
_
12. May 2004 @ 00:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
you have to use iso buster on the image file first to extract the files,then drag them into cd/dvd gen

bigmattuk
_
12. May 2004 @ 08:37 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi Devilhunt! I have followed L-Burna's guide to the letter and have successfully created the iso files! problem is I still can't get sonic to work with swap magic & slide card,is there a special procedure I have to follow in order to get it to load?
I have so far made iso's for all 3 regions-PAL UK which my version is (SLES 51950),USA (SLUS 20718) and JAPAN (SLMP 65431)as volume master disc info on cd/dvd gen.and I have burnt them using Nero AND DVD Decrypter at low speed on Philips DVD+R which works for all my other backups,but not with Sonic unfortunately. My coaster count is dangerously high and I am starting to tear out my hair,please help me find the solution to this harrowing challenge!
Thanks for all your help so far.
devilhunt
AfterDawn Addict
_
12. May 2004 @ 13:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
ok what exactly is happening when you try to load your sonic backup.you did replace the dummy.bin file in the orignal game iso extracted file folder with the one from swapmagicfix.what size is the game now?

bigmattuk
_
12. May 2004 @ 13:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yup,I replaced the original dummy file with smfix dummy & followed full process carefully,ending up with what I thought was a successful iso image burn.
Used slide card & swap mag.discs to try & load,but just get a pink border on outside edge of smdvd insert disc screen!
Full gamesize is 2.84 gig on all 3 region iso's I've created,tried em all having used all 3 different region volume names-still can't get any to work.
It must be me,everyone else seems to have it sussed by now.The frustrating thing is sonic isn't really my bag,I only want to back it up because my 5 year old son is prone to scratching discs!
Once again,thanks 4 help & patience devilhunt.
deagledog
_
12. May 2004 @ 14:25 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
sounds like u might have a media problem some ps2 dont like dvd+r i use verbatim dvd-r and ive never had a bad burn yet hope this helps u out
devilhunt
AfterDawn Addict
_
12. May 2004 @ 23:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
well you have got me baffeled i used the l-burna guide myself and it worked fine for me the file size of 2.84gb is exactly what i got as well.i also used the sles 51950(uk pal) and it worked fine loaded with swapmagic dvd v2.0(on my v7 ps2) the only difference i can see is i used dvd-r discs for my backup and burnt it with record now max
can't think of anything else at this moment in time but if i do will let you know

bigmattuk
_
13. May 2004 @ 01:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
As you say it's a real headscratcher. All files are in right order in cd/dvd gen layout section,numbered correctly and asterixed.iso created perfectly at 2.84 gb.must be burning process where I am going wrong!
Nero has served me fine for my other backups,but they were straight from disc burns and not rips onto dvd+r.ps2 loads these fine,eg EA cricket 2004.
maybe it is my media,but as I say I doubt it because of success with other backup burns.Trouble is my philips dvd rec drive only supports + media unfortunately.
Despite the fact that it's sending me crazy I'm still determined to crack this thing,the gauntlet has been laid by those naughty people at sega & sony!
thanks again devilhunt,L-burna & deagledog!
Advertisement
_
__

_
bigmattuk
_
14. May 2004 @ 00:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Sonic update! still not working!!
Coaster count:12,not enough teacups to fill them all!
I am going to have one last try,using DVD Decrypter instead of Nero & burning at 1x speed.If that doesn't do it I will admit defeat & quit.I might as well have gone out and bought another copy for backup purposes considering what it's cost me so far,but I just wanted to prove I could do it.as much as it peeves me it seems it's just not meant 2 b though,even if i can't see why not as it's worked for virtually everyone else.
Oh well thanks for the help anyhow-if anyone wants to send me a working PAL backup,I'll gladly swap for backups in my collection.let me know.
Related links
For more PS2 discussion, please visit our sister site, Blasteroids.com
Read our PS2 backup tutorial & information package

Related forum topics Posts Last post Forum room
WATCH: DVD player used to hack PS2 3 16. July 2020 News comments
First PS2 games on PS4 available now including GTA, Twisted Metal 10 13. December 2015 News comments
Sony: PlayStation 4 very likely to surpass PS2 in profitability 19 10. June 2014 News comments
ps2 can display 3 1. June 2014 PS2 - General discussion
how to mod a ps2 1 16. May 2014 PS2 - General discussion
Two PS2 Slims - One Accepts Swap Magic, one doesnt... All Detail inside 1 1. May 2014 PS2 - DVD backup discussion
How to burn PS2 games with Free McBoot 2 20. April 2014 PS2 - Software boot discussion
PS2 Hard Drive Loader 1 1. April 2014 PS2 - General discussion
Convert from PS2 to TV format? 1 4. March 2014 Convert video to another format
PS2 AR Max Hardware problem 4 21. January 2014 PS2 - General discussion

afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - software boot discussion > ps2 backups!

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork