Show topics

Forums
Forums
Memorex Media
  Jump to:

Posted Message
harvey713
_
4. October 2002 @ 20:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Does anyone out there in Afterdawnland have experience with Memorex DVD-RW or DVD-R media? I can play my titles stored on HDD with no problem but once burned to disc they usually crap out after 30 - 60 minutes. By "crap out" I mean they start to stutter and pixelate. Eventually the screen just freezes. I use SmartRipper to rip the movie and audio streams to create the .m2v and .ac3 files. Then, if over 4 gigs, I use ReMPeg to shrink the .m2v and import into SpruceUp. Next, use SpruceUp to creat a Title Set. I then use Nero 5.5.9.9 to create an image file and finally burn to disc. Oops, I meant "Burn to Coaster" Is it the media or my technique?
Advertisement
_
__
harvey713
_
4. October 2002 @ 20:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Before anybody replies, I have to. I use IfoEdit to correct VTS Sectors and make sure I hit SAVE before burning. My freezing problem occurs only on a standalone player. It looks beautiful at the beginning but after a while it takes a dump. Anybody had a similar experience?
st18901
_
9. October 2002 @ 22:15 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yeah, the same thing just happened to me. flawless playback until about 80 minutes.
I don't know if it's memorex (I hope) or something else.
I used 3rd party to author and then burned it to disk via NERO. set top play back was on jvc-xv 523 dvd player, which is known to be finicky.
I'm going to try universal media next.

any suggestions would be appreciated
st18901
_
10. October 2002 @ 17:19 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
okay - tried the universal media and they worked!
I'm happy on all levels, as this media is also cheaper.

Budfan8
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
14. October 2002 @ 14:21 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I use Memorex media, and have not seen any problems on my PS2 or my Sony standalone player. I have on the other hand tried using the universal media, and none of my players(not even my DVD-RW drive or DVD Rom) will recognize these. Now I have 24 nice universal coasters left.
Gargoyle
_
3. November 2002 @ 19:06 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have had exactly the same experience. I had been using Maxell w/o problem. Got a deal on Memorex DVD-R so I gave them a try. Had problems with DVD player not reading or getting lost on Memorex. I tested the media creating duplicates of my session on both maxell and memorex. Maxell worked flawlessly, Memorex failed (again and again). Every one of my Memorex burns exhibit the distortion you experienced. I'm also using Nero 5.5.9.9 with Pioneer AO3. And played back failed in all cases on JVC and Shinsonic DVD players. I too am a proud owner of 10 Memorex coasters.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 4. November 2002 @ 21:15

TAZ345
_
6. November 2002 @ 02:27 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I've been having problems with Memorex media also. I've been using a Phillips 228 dvd burner that came PACKAGED with Memorex media! So I bought 5 Memorex dvd-rw @ $6 a pc. and have been getting an error saying "incorrect media". I've since traded the Phillips in for a Sony 500a which burns both dvd-rw and dvd+rw and some generic media and have had no problems since. I will never waste my money on Memorex again!
Budfan8
_
6. November 2002 @ 05:11 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Yeah i finally went through and watched one of my copies all the way through, and memorex media took a dump on me as well after about 80 mins, on all of my copies. I found some double sided 9.7gb disks, and have been using them with no problem. @10 bucks a piece though, they are a little pricey.
rubberman
_
6. November 2002 @ 05:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
i bought a 5 pack of Memorex DVD-R and i hate them. Of the 5 i only got 2 to work with my Playstation. So i bought a 15 pack of Verbatim and never had one coaster.
ultima
_
6. November 2002 @ 22:33 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I also Use Universal media, they are indeed better then Memorex. Memorex media gives me pixlation and won't play on PS2
ultima
_
6. November 2002 @ 22:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
by the way http://www.buy-dvd-r.com is the only place that sells Universal...
Budfan8
_
7. November 2002 @ 04:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Word of caution with buy-dvd-r.com. I purchased the universal no print media, and could not get it to work in any of my players(not even my pc drives can read them). Also I am in a battle with Buy-dvd-r.com I have contatced them about 5 times now, and they still have not responded to me so I can return these damn discs.
Advertisement
_
__

_
rubberman
_
7. November 2002 @ 08:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
"Word of caution with buy-dvd-r.com. I purchased the universal no print media, and could not get it to work in any of my players(not even my pc drives can read them). Also I am in a battle with Buy-dvd-r.com I have contatced them about 5 times now, and they still have not responded to me so I can return these damn discs. "

Thats why i purchased name brand DVD-Rs like Verbatim and get them from BestBuy

DELL 733mhz-Pioneer104 DVD-RW/LG Electronics CD-RW
PS2 39001 w/ Magic2
Toshiba SD-1200 home DVD player
afterdawn.com > forums > dvd±r discussion > dvd±r media > memorex media

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork