User User name Password  

Wednesday 29.5.2024 / 06:58
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > dvd recorders > variable bit rate, does it apply to the fine mode?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Variable Bit Rate, Does it apply to the FINE mode?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
mannycam
_
1. June 2004 @ 11:20 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I love this thing. Very very happy with my new sharp. This was to replace the lemon I bought from Philips, the 958, which stop recording dvd+r after only one year, as predicted by online buyers. Avoid it all costs. But this sharp is incredible. I do have a question however, does anyone know whether the FINE recording speed is a variable encoding or is it a constant recording rate. This machine does use Variable bit rate compression, which means it will change to suite the subject matter. I dont want this to happen if Im burning a dvd from the IEEE firewire link. I am a fanatic when it comes to quality and only archive my mini dv tapes in the best possible rate. So does anyone know if the compression is constant or variable in the FINE and the mnn32 modes?

MannyCAM
afterdawn.com > forums > home theater > dvd recorders > variable bit rate, does it apply to the fine mode?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork