User User name Password  

Tuesday 11.6.2024 / 09:53
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > dvd-rom drives > powerdvd and various other dvd software crash
Show topics

Forums
Forums
PowerDVD and various other DVD software crash
  Jump to:

Posted Message
Tapp
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
8. June 2004 @ 16:38 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hey all,

I am having a problem and the tech support at Dell doesn't seem to know what is wrong. I have a Dell XPS G2 system with a JLMS DVD-ROM XJ-HD166 NEC and a NEC DVD+RW ND-2100AD.

Whenever I attempt to run a DVD (store bought or burned from this computer) the software always crashes when trying to read the disk. I have tired using Dell Media Experience 2.0 which uses PowerCinema, PowerDVD 4.0 and InterActual Player 2.0 but all crash when trying to read the DVD movie.

It gives me the general error message "PowerCinema Main Program for Dell has encountered a problem and
needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." So no real help there.

I have tried removing and reinstalling my DVD drivers and all DVD software. I have downloaded and installed all the current patches and drivers. I can not find anything on the net other than articles from other people with the same problem, no solutions posted.

Any help in this would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Sorry forgot to mention. I am running Win XP Home Edition Ver 2002 Service Pack 1, Pent 4 CPU 3.4GHz, 1GB RAM

- Tapp

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 8. June 2004 @ 16:41

amurphy2
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
27. June 2004 @ 12:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi

Did you get this sorted out, do you know where to download the latest drivers as I am having problems with the same type of drive.
Thanks
sshmoo
_
19. July 2004 @ 19:51 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I had the same problem when running at 1600x1200. I switched down to 1024x768 while watching the DVD, and everything was ok. There has to be a better solution, thought.
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > dvd-rom drives > powerdvd and various other dvd software crash

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork