User User name Password  

Tuesday 28.5.2024 / 16:27
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - software boot discussion > swap magic green then blue
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Swap Magic green then blue
  Jump to:

Posted Message
bkbyrne
_
10. June 2004 @ 05:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hello All,

Some advice please!

I have a fliptop and Swapmagic. I have burned a number of games using Memorex media and they work great. The machine seems busier than with the original disk but they work all the same.
I recently bought some more memorex discs and now find that swap magic turns green briefly before turning to blue. It boots slower but seems to play. However with Uefa 2004 the sound during the game is out of sink and the game stalls between corner kicks etc.
Has anyone experienced the green before turning blue thing before and is memorex media up to scratch. I have ordered some Verbatim so they might be better.

Thanks,

Barry

Bar
devilhunt
AfterDawn Addict
_
10. June 2004 @ 14:08 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
have a look here it tells you what all the colours mean http://www.swapmagic3.com/swapmagicfaq.htm

Hanedrick
_
13. June 2004 @ 12:57 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Those are "marginal" burns. They usually load and play alright. Just make sure you burn at the slowest speed possible and to Good media.

PS2 cd/dvd burning guide: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/15105
How to use any Gameshark version (1-4) with your backups: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/87923
Advertisement
_
__

_
bkbyrne
_
14. June 2004 @ 01:28 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks Guys.

Its weird...I bought a pack of five Memorex DVD and backed up five games which all work great. The border goes straight to blue and no problems. I bought another packet of memorex and none work. I get the green border which turns to blue the game loads slowly but when i begin to play the sound is out of sink and game pauses from time to time.

The i bought some ritek clone disks....same problem.

I have some verbatim coming today so will see how they get on.

Tks,

Barry
afterdawn.com > forums > consoles > ps2 - software boot discussion > swap magic green then blue

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork