User User name Password  

Tuesday 28.5.2024 / 20:04
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - hardware mods > new problem encountered in my xbox. plz help
Show topics

Forums
Forums
New problem encountered in my xbox. Plz help
  Jump to:

Posted Message
hoopsfan
_
11. June 2004 @ 11:53 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have a version 1.0 xbox with a matrix mod chipinstalled. Thte mod chip has had to be realigned a few times and always worked fine. The last time, I thought it had to be realigned and I tried to do it. ( I am an extreme newbie) I tried without the manual and couldn't get it because I didn't know where to put it, I just thought it had to be close. So I got the manual and realigned it. It blinks green like it should. Then I plug in the hard drive and disk drive and when I turn it on, the chip blinks green once and then red. The power goes on and off and on and off then starts the red and green blinking. I have seen the power change before, but never seen the mod chip change from green to red. It only changes color when I plug in the hard drive and disk drive. Is my xbox fried? My hard drive? My mod chip? Never seen or heard of this problem.

(I left it in mode 1 to see if I got it in right)
_
12. June 2004 @ 10:03 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
If you are getting a flashing red then green, that is what you called a FRAG (Flashing Red and Green). All that it means is that the chip is not alligned correctly. its no big deal. your box is fine. just allign it up right and you should be good.

Firefox Tips & Shortcuts (Updated 7/9/05) -> http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/184257...
How To Speed Up Firefox- by Geestar20-> http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/177587
XBOX Error Codes Explained ->http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/210562
XBOX: X2 & 250 gb HDD, XBMC Dashboard
PC: AMD XP3500+, nVidia 7600GT, 2GB RAM, 960GB Storage
_
13. June 2004 @ 18:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
yup!!

a good thing to do is a little more cleaning on the d0
or even solder a wire to the d0 and to the chip
(I decided, solderless chips are pants)

XB360 hitachi xtreme f/ware, chameleon case, whisper & airflow blue led. XBOX w/ 2.6 2x custom "djboogie" bios. PSP 1.50 w/ devhook .52 % 303 f/ware.
Advertisement
_
__

_
BoxMods
_
14. June 2004 @ 03:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Sounds like you aren't getting good ground to the chip or when you put in the DVD tray its hitting a certain part of the chip. Ya, no solder=no good

www.chipinabox.com For mods/repairs
chipinabox@yahoo.com
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - hardware mods > new problem encountered in my xbox. plz help

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork