User User name Password  

Wednesday 29.5.2024 / 04:28
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > dvd-rom drives > i can't see the files on my cd and dvd drives
Show topics

Forums
Forums
I can't see the files on my CD and DVD drives
  Jump to:

Posted Message
dacostas
_
15. June 2004 @ 12:14 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The problem spans all my CD and DVD players/recorders (including yours). They act as if CDs and DVDs are not loaded in them (I do get an Icon change but not the volume label) and I can't access the files on them. The drives appear in "My computer" and give no errors (even when I check with the device manager). However sometimes I find an error by checking "Computer Management, Event Viewer." Usually, the error message is "An error was detected on device DeviceCdRom1 during a paging operation."

When the problem started, I had the following components: a DVD-ROM, a 52X CD-ROM, a DVD burner, a CD Burner, 40Gb Hard disk, a 160Gb Hard disk, an extra Disk controller, 512Mb RAM, Atlon 1800, a fan on the power supply, 300W power supply, Windows 2000, a floppy, TV card, Modem, Ethernet, ...

At the time the problem began, I was coping all my music from CD and ..., to the 160Gb Hard disk. In total, I must have copied a 100Gb of music, movies, photos, system backups, and ... to the big Hard disk. Most of my music was copied in a span of 4 months (I wanted to get rid of all my CDs, DVDs, and cassette and video tapes.

The problem started about a month ago. Nothing would happen when I loaded any of the DVD or CD players and then try to access it. I would get the message "load the 'device'" so I would reload it. I would get the message again and nothing would happen.

I have to add that I have used Daemon Virtual CD and I am noticing a connection.

To fix the problem, I reformatted "C" drive and change my configuration. Now, I am running Windows XP and I have removed the big hard disk, a CD-burner, the modem, and the extra disk controller. I also bought a new motherboard. Things were working fine for about three hours of installing layered software products. Now the same problem again, I can't see the files on my DVDs or CDs any more.

Any ideas as to what is the cause of my problem and how to fix it?

_
15. June 2004 @ 16:23 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
An ASPI install/update may do the trick :)

Here's a good link with instructions and the download:

http://www.hazza.dsl.pipex.com/faq.htm#ASPI

My killer sig came courtesy of bb "El Jefe" mayo.
The Forum Rules You Agreed To! http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487
"And there we saw the giants, and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight" - Numbers 13:33
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > dvd-rom drives > i can't see the files on my cd and dvd drives

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork