User User name Password  

Sunday 9.6.2024 / 03:19
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - hardware boot discussion > error 16 replacing cromwell on a cheapmod2 - help!
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Error 16 replacing Cromwell on a cheapmod2 - Help!
  Jump to:

Posted Message
elcapitan
_
17. June 2004 @ 11:34 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I need your guys help. Although a noobie, I have done a lot of reading to try to help myself, but I am in deep water now.

Please note: I don't have a formatted hard drive.

1. I successfully installed a Cheapmod2 pre-flashed with a Cromwell variation (ozXBios) that asks for a cd to be inserted on boot up and shows a cute penguin.

2. I downloaded Slayer iso and used Xiso to extract a 256K bios, X2_4977_FC_BluePurple_R_256k.bin, which I renamed to BIOS.BIN
(the slayer iso I burned onto a DVD-R using a friends computer)

3. Using a hot-swapped PC-DVD drive, and with no hard drive attached, I inserted the Nero-created ISO9660 CD-R with BIOS.BIN burned on it and closed both DVD drive trays.

4. The Cromwell boot screen displayed a message saying "Bios.bin found ... Flashing Bios" or something like that, for about 5 seconds. Then the xbox turned itself off.

5. I disconnected the PC-DVD drive and turned on the xbox. Whoah, cool, now I have a blue xbox logo! but wait, I got error 7, hard drive trouble.

6. I connected a new unformatted 12gb HD and rebooted. I expected to be asked to insert my Slayer DVD-R or something, but ...

Now I get error code 16 and the bottom half of the screen is garbled. The screen display has a diagonal line from the upper left to the lower right. Everything above the line is ok.

I made sure (with Xiso) that my slayer DVD has default.xbe on it. Do I need to alter the bios image to get the boot loader to look at the DVD drive instead of the hard drive for the dashboard file? What tool can I use to do that?

I have tried booting with the Slayer DVD in and out, and I tried hot-swapping the PC-DVD drive to read the Slayer DVD, nothing works.

Thanks for reading this long post :)
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - hardware boot discussion > error 16 replacing cromwell on a cheapmod2 - help!

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork