User User name Password  

Tuesday 28.5.2024 / 23:46
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - backup discussion > chip that plays xbox live
Show topics

Forums
Forums
chip that plays xbox live
  Jump to:

Posted Message
shaggy15
_
4. July 2004 @ 14:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi, i have a xbox and i got it chipped. Because of the chip, now i can't play xbox live. Is there anyway to take the chip out and put in a chip that is compatible with xbox live??? I really want to play online!!

thanks
Advertisement
_
__
clarky
_
4. July 2004 @ 18:22 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have an aladdin advance and that allows online play. It just means that you have to deactivate your chip to go on to xbox live through the MS dash, and this means that you can only play your original games when online.

There are many chips that allow online play just have a look around.

2 product reviews
_
4. July 2004 @ 18:47 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
You CAN'T play online with ANY chip enabled becuase the Xbox Live servers detect a modifaction to your box and ban your eeprom (Xbox's unique ID, its a file on the HDD)

"The only people who should buy Monster cable are people who light cigars with Benjamins." - Gizmodo
clarky
_
4. July 2004 @ 18:56 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I think what he is asking is what chips have the function to be turned off. ie: aladdin advance. Simply push the on button for no chip and hold for the chip to be activated.

shaggy15
_
4. July 2004 @ 19:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi, now that i know that there is a chip that can turn off whenever i want and play online. I need to where can i get this chip installed in Niagara Falls, Ontario. And i also need to know where i can get my old chip removed from.

thanks

2 product reviews
_
5. July 2004 @ 09:13 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I don't know where you can get it done in canada but, i believe http://modchipman.ca or http://modchipman.com can, there "Removal of your old modchip" is $10 but, it looks like its only PS2 chips, e-mail them and ask if they can do it on your xbox as well, i know they can install chips for you.

"The only people who should buy Monster cable are people who light cigars with Benjamins." - Gizmodo
shaggy15
_
5. July 2004 @ 19:05 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
hi, do u know the name of the chip that only plays pirated games and original games, because that is the chip i have. My chip only plays pirated and original games, it does nothing else. Can you please tell me the name of that chip.

thanks
clarky
_
5. July 2004 @ 19:09 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
^^^^

Oh yeah that one...

Sorry but there is no way we can know what chip you have, from the information you have given.
Advertisement
_
__

_
shaggy15
_
5. July 2004 @ 22:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Hi, thanks anyways for trying. 1 thing, do u know any shops that install mod chips, like any shop names or franchises other than modchipman, because modchipman tells me to send my xbox and i dont want to send my xbox. I want to know a shop where i can take it to and get it chipped and then come back to pick it up.

thanks

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 5. July 2004 @ 22:53

afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - backup discussion > chip that plays xbox live

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork