User User name Password  

Tuesday 28.5.2024 / 16:16
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - software discussion > changed video in xbmp to ntsc-j now xbox keeps rebooting
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Changed video in xbmp to ntsc-j now xbox keeps rebooting
  Jump to:

Posted Message
_
7. July 2004 @ 04:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The problem that I am having is that I was trying to get the image on the screen to fit right so I was playing around with the settings in xbmp. I changed it to ntsc-j, wich I now know is for Japan. The problem I am having now is that when I turn the xbox on it just keeps rebooting with no display. So far I cannot get anything to boot in the drive (slayers, hd mannager) I was wondering if there is anyway to fix the problem or if my box is now nothing more than a foot warmer. Thankx.
Advertisement
_
__
_
7. July 2004 @ 04:55 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
its rebooting? ummm
it reboots if you have a dvd in the drive?
the way to fix the ntscj is with enigmah video switch off a disc, If you cant boot up a disc, (you wont see it on screen anyway, even if a disc will boot) Have you tried booting up the xbox without the av cable plugged in?
try doing that, with a disc backup of enigmah, put the disc in the xbox, press B, put av cable back in.

XB360 hitachi xtreme f/ware, chameleon case, whisper & airflow blue led. XBOX w/ 2.6 2x custom "djboogie" bios. PSP 1.50 w/ devhook .52 % 303 f/ware.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 7. July 2004 @ 04:57

_
7. July 2004 @ 13:40 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
tried the enigmah disc.... still no luck.... tried using original hd.... no luck.... going to try and re-flash the mod-chip. hopefully that might work any other ideas?
_
7. July 2004 @ 15:31 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
well I tried reflashing the mod chip no luck with that either. Im not sure what else to do except get a new xbox. Ive tried removing the mod chip all together... re-flashing the mod chip... replacing the hd with the original... what I am wondering now is if xbmp writes anything to the eeprom inside the xbox... if so is there any way to reset that?
_
7. July 2004 @ 18:24 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
well I figured it out by using your (djboogie) tips and this one that I found to reset xbmp. ------ Get the Enigma Video Mode Selector files and make a boot disc from it. Then select NTSC or PAL whatever your region is. Then if you get the picture back, FTP to the XBOX and goto the E/UDATA and E/TDATA folders and DELETE the 0face007 folders, these contain the settings for XBMP. When you start XBMP again it will generate new ones. ------- thanks for all your help my box is up and running like a champ again, just got to put it back together.
_
7. July 2004 @ 19:07 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
almost forgot I had to make a second enigmah disc.... I had to add a 2 gig file to it so the xbox to would recognize it and boot to it. that was the problem I was having with the first one. thanx again.
Advertisement
_
__

_
jbrelsfd
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
22. July 2004 @ 21:29 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have the same problem only I don't have a Enigmah disk... Is there anyway you could send me the files that I need to fix mine?? Thanks in advance.....
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - software discussion > changed video in xbmp to ntsc-j now xbox keeps rebooting

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork