User User name Password  

Monday 10.6.2024 / 03:41
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > resource center > help! tried converting fat 32 to ntfs
Show topics

Forums
Forums

Help! Tried converting Fat 32 to NTFS
  Jump to:

Posted Message
pkoontz
_
8. July 2004 @ 08:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Grandma really needs help bad! I have a 200 G hard drive that has been partitioned off into 4 drives. I successfully converted one of the drives and was attempting to convert the drive that has my win XP Professional on. Everything seemed to go ok, until I shut down the system. Then the real nightmare occured. The puter rebooted itself and all I get is this error message. A disk read error occured press ctrl + alt+ Del to restart. This error keeps repeating and I can't get into my puter at all. I'm presently in a panic situation. My life is on this puter, what to do now?
TIA
dersder
_
10. July 2004 @ 21:48 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
For whats its worth i went the same way, from 'fat32 to NTFS'it seems you still have a very small amount of 'fat32'. that is the problem they do not mix.faults i had were drivers, memory computer resets and loss of hair. replaced v/c m/b h/d. after all that new h/d formated ntfs runs great. reformated the old h/d ntfs,reinstalled old memory and no faults any them.
Lesson dont mix fat32 and ntfs. cheers
_
10. July 2004 @ 22:00 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
pkoontz,

You shouldn't double post. You will get the best results posting only once. This way you don't get the same advice ... twice :)

RE: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/93546

Advertisement
_
__

_
Praetor
_
10. July 2004 @ 22:02 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Or worse... two sets of advice :P

ASUS A8V Deluxe, A64-3500 @ 2.65
1GB KingMax PC3700
640GB [4x160GB, 7200, 8MB]
XFX 6800GT 256MB
Rules and Policies: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487
This thread is closed and therefore you are not allowed reply to this thread.

afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > resource center > help! tried converting fat 32 to ntfs

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork