User User name Password  

Sunday 9.6.2024 / 06:05
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   På svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - backup discussion > what's the worst that could happen?
Show topics

Forums
Forums
What's the worst that could happen?
  Jump to:

Posted Message
mrmathers
_
13. July 2004 @ 07:52 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I just bought a Duo-X mod chip for Xbox and want to know what the worst is that could go wrong. The chip is a heck of a lot smaller than it looked in the pictures on the net so am worried i may mess it up. My soldering skills aren't great but i took electronics at school so i have basic soldering skills.
Also, does anyone have a link to a good installation web site for this chip (Duo-X). That'd be great.
Thanks.

Where will you be - The Day After Tomorrow?
suki24
_
15. July 2004 @ 14:46 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
well the worst is that you could fry your motherboard or short circuit it....

but dont worry about it unless you do something drastic by accident

I didnt have any soldering skills at all the first time I soldered mine in..and it worked perfectly...(but I did take a welding class if that counts)
Vular
_
15. July 2004 @ 15:39 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Soldering is simple, I just made sure I tinned my wires with the solder, and then all you got to do is put the wire in place and touch the wire for a brief second with your iron and it'll stick to it just like a magnet so the there's no way you can fry the motherboard because the time frame is low.

This Aint No Ice Cream Social!
afterdawn.com > forums > archived forums > xbox - backup discussion > what's the worst that could happen?

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork