User User name Password  

Saturday 8.6.2024 / 16:38
Search AfterDawn Forums:        In English   Suomeksi   Pĺ svenska
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video to dvd > video/audio dvd compilant format-- which are? dvd-lab user
Show topics

Forums
Forums
Video/audio DVD compilant format-- Which are? DVD-lab user
  Jump to:

Posted Message
moviegod
_
15. July 2004 @ 08:32 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I downloaded DVD lab but can not create a DVD.
When I push the start burning button nothing happens.
Is it becuase of a) the download version, b) the fact that my video files are the wrong format or c) something else?

I tried avi and mpa file types. Is there an ideal format?

Your help is appreciated.

Best
Pete

THE DVD Guide SAys:
DVD-lab requires the video and audio to be in a DVD compilant format, ie. you cannot just add DivX AVI files to the project and expect them to work. Multiplexed MPEG-2 streams will automatically be demuxed to elementary MPEG video and audio streams.
Advertisement
_
__
Staff Member

2 product reviews
_
15. July 2004 @ 12:36 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
The video needs to be MPEG-2 (720x480/576, 704x480/576, or 352x580/576) or MPEG-1 (352x240/288). The audio can be AC3, MPA, or WAV. MPA isn't actually standards compliant for NTSC, but it may or may not work in an NTSC player. The audio samplerate should generally be 48KHz, but if it isn't you can either try to make a non-standard DVD or let DVD-Lab convert it to a WAV with the proper sample rate when you import it. If your video and audio are in a single MPEG file DVD-Lab can Demux it (required for re-sampling audio) or read it as one file to make the DVD. Non-standard DVDs (wrong resolution or audio sample rate) can also be made with DVD-Lab, but there's no guarantee that your player will play one.

Rich Fiscus
@Vurbal on Twitter
AfterDawn Staff Writer
Bayzoo
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
20. July 2004 @ 11:59 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I have an AVI file that is 528*288 resolution , after TNPGEnc has done its thing , TMPG DVD author will not author folders because it is not compliant resolution. How can I overcome this?
Framerate is 23.976 fps Xvid ( 16:9 )

Thanks

Eric
moviegod
_
22. July 2004 @ 11:44 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
I would use a converter to take the AVI file into a Mpeg with the correct resolution. There are many options on download.com
Veblin
_
22. July 2004 @ 12:17 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Bayzoo

If you use the Wizard in TMPGEnc and don't change the settings it should be compliant.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 22. July 2004 @ 12:18

Advertisement
_
__

_
Bayzoo
Suspended due to non-functional email address
_
26. July 2004 @ 13:10 _ Link to this message    Send private message to this user   
Thanks so much , all seems ok now. Have been advised in the past not to use guide as causes some probs with movies. Will use guide now till probs arise as , knowing my luck , they most probably will!!

Thanks again for the help and advice
Related links
A brief look at DVD-Lab.
Guide to converting SVCD to DVD±R with DVD-Lab.
Download DVD-Lab DVD authoring software.
afterdawn.com > forums > digital video > video to dvd > video/audio dvd compilant format-- which are? dvd-lab user

Digital video: AfterDawn.com | AfterDawn Forums
Music: MP3Lizard.com
Gaming: Blasteroids.com | Blasteroids Forums | Compare game prices
Software: Software downloads
Blogs: User profile pages
RSS feeds: AfterDawn.com News | Software updates | AfterDawn Forums
International: AfterDawn in Finnish | AfterDawn in Swedish | AfterDawn in Norwegian | download.fi
Navigate: Search | Site map
About us: About AfterDawn Ltd | Advertise on our sites | Rules, Restrictions, Legal disclaimer & Privacy policy
Contact us: Send feedback | Contact our media sales team

© 1999-2024 by AfterDawn Ltd.

IDG TechNetwork